Questions On Behalf Of Monty (greytmonty)

Guest Hollys2hounds

Guest Hollys2hounds

Hi Everyone,

I just got off the phone with Karen, and unfortunately she and Monty are on their way to the e-vet. She will be checking this post later, (from her phone) but I figured GT'ers have so much experience maybe someone has an idea of what is going on.... and can chime in. :goodluck

As you know, 5 days ago Monty finished his Adriamycin Chemo. All seemed to be going well.

Yesterday was fine.

This morning Monty woke up to lameness in his leg, pain, shaking, panting, and lack of mobility.

Yes, the pain etc. is near the site and down the leg of where the tumor was removed.

Karen is now at the e-vet, no fever.

Does anyone have any experience with this particular Chemo drug, and any side effects?[/u]

Has any lymphoma dog out there ever presented like this?

I know Karen will adding more later.

Thank you!

(Prayers to you Monty my buddy!)

UPDATE:

It is almost 11:45 am. Monty and Karen are on their way home from the e-vet. Vet suspects an acute infection, as from the ultra sound, there was a large pocket of fluid (the size of a tennis ball). Vet drained fluid, and is treating pain and infection. They are sending a sample out for testing as well.

The poor boy is going to have to wear his no-bite collar AGAIN for 2 weeks, as he can not get his mouth near the incision site. Poor Monty. Poor Karen and family.

That is so hard. Especially for Monty, as he is such a fun-loving boy when he feels well.

Monty is one of the most playful, joyful, energetic greys I have ever met, as my son says,

"He doesn't act like a greyhound!"

GOOD LUCK MONTY. KISSES TO YOU, AND YOUR FAMILY.

We love you, Get well quickly!

Edited by Hollys2hounds

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh No. No advice, just major prayers.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest EmbersDad

the only thing i was warned about adriamycin is its necrotic effects. it would be visible near the area where the catheter was inserted. it only occurs if the catheter misses the vein and some of the drug comes in contact with the skin. this certainly does NOT sound like that. feel better monty :hope

Had the tumor site healed? Has he been on antibiotics? Wonder if he could have an infection starting there. Most all chemo drugs can suppress the immune system and give infections a chance to take hold.

Sending prayers.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

No ideas about this sort of symptom but sending very best wishes to Monty and his Mummy :grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest MorganKonaAlex
As you know, 5 days ago Monty finished his Adriamycin Chemo. All seemed to be going well.

Yesterday was fine.

This morning Monty woke up to lameness in his leg, pain, shaking, panting, and lack of mobility.

Yes, the pain etc. is near the site and down the leg of where the tumor was removed.

Karen is now at the e-vet, no fever.

Does anyone have any experience with this particular Chemo drug, and any side effects?[/u]

I do. I had it myself for breast cancer. One of my osteo boys, Alex, also had it. I'm pretty familiar with Adriamycin side effects but nothing that would explain Monty's symptoms. Sending white light for Monty.

Oh, no! I hope Monty will be just fine. We've never seen anything like that with Bonnie and her chemo. But, she's only gotten the Adriamycin once so far.

I really hope they can figure things out. Give us an update when you can. We'll be thinking and worrying about Monty here. :grouphug

:candle:hope for Monty

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Guest greytmonty

Karen here. Monty in back with e vet. She is thinking he may have an acute infection under the incision . She could not examine him as he yelped and cried in pain. she is going to muzzle him and ultrasound the area and look for pus or fluid. I hope that is the case. It is so scary to see him in pain .

I am sorry I have no experience but we are sending lots of prayers and hugs.... :grouphug:grouphug:hope:hope:hope

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

That seems a little less scary than Adriamycin side effects. Hoping the evet can get everything figured out and get Monty feeling better right away. :goodluck

Come on Monty! We're all cheering you on! :getwell

Oh no :ohno Poor Monty and poor you! I hope the vet manages to get the pain under control as soon as possible.

:(:grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Oh, no. I'm so sorry that Monty is going through this. Sending prayers that if it is an infection, it is cleared up soon.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown