Xtra Ranch - A Special Boy

onrushpam

I was so hoping that Ranchie would pull through. :cry1 Now he is free from a body that wouldn't heal, and can run like the wind with the angels and all his old and new friends. Godspeed, special boy... :gh_run

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:cry1 I'm so sorry. f_yellow

:grouphug to everyone who tried to save Ranch. I know this has got to be very hard for you. I'm glad he was able to enjoy life in a home the past few months. We all wish he could have enjoyed that life a little longer.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

It was a true privilege to meet Ranch. A beautiful greyhound with an exceptional personality. He greeted everyone(2 legged and 4 legged) with a big smile and a wagging tail :)

Thanks to each of you for your kindness and commitment to help him.

Sweet, gentle soul…quiet and strong….valiant fighter to the end.

Crossing the bridge you greeted your new beginning filled with warmth and love.

Continue your journey with our old friends…they will take care of you now…and we will always love you. :heart

Please know... Ranch was a very pampered house dog with us! He had his own personal servants, Lynn and Kirsten, who came mid-day every day to care for him. Glen and I cared for him every morning and night. He knew comfy beds and toys and lots of good food. He was loved.

In the end, that's all that matters, he knew he was loved.

Godspeed Ranch :gh_run To all of you who worked so hard to save him. :grouphug Bob will take good care of him, and so many of our angels are there to play with him.

Edited by foxysmom

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

I feel honored that I, too, got to meet Ranchie.

I am so sorry that his story didn't turn out the way we were all hoping and praying that it would.

Ranchie received the best of care and couldn't have been more loved by all the angels who helped care for him to the very end. We are crying with you tonight.

Rest in peace, handsome Ranch.

:grouphug:f_red:f_red

Edited by fsugrad

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest vahoundlover

My heart goes out to all of you who worked so hard to get him well. I'm glad he knew love and a home, thank you guys for giving him a chance. :grouphug

Run Free Ranchie, you are loved by many :f_red

Ranch was so lucky to have all of you giving him the best of care -- and the best chance he had to survive :( :( :( You guys did everything you could to help him :cry1 :cry1

thank you for trying to help this boy -- he KNEW he was so loved and that is the most precious gift of all :grouphug :grouphug

run fast and free, sweet boy :cry1 :cry1 :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest VelvetEars

I'm so sorry his recovery was not meant to be. I think some pups are here just to teach us lessons - about patience, perseverance, pulling together for a common goal.... He will be missed.

I'm so sorry. Ranch sounds like he was a very special boy.

:f_red:f_red:f_red :f_red

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Guest argolola

I'm so sorry to read about this. Prayers for all who knew and loved him, and everyone who took such good care of him.

He will be "home" for Christmas, with all who have gone before him. Trish, Bob, Millicent and others will be caring for him now.

Guest jerrybird

Sometimes there is a special greyhound who touches so many people from afar. No particular reason but they just reach out and grab your heart. Ranchie was one of these exceptional personalities that seem to gather people together. Perhaps that is the biggest part of his legacy. Thank you for loving Ranchie and know that we grieve with you.

I'm so sorry to hear this. Ranchie, run pain free over the bridge - I'm so sorry you never got your chance to have a couch of your own. But you were so loved by many people. Peace to all the wonderful people who tried so hard to heal you. Godspeed Ranch! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis