Update On Dabones

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh no! :cry1 :cry1 :cry1

sending love and prayers your way :grouphug :grouphug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Jordan, a lump just appeared about 2 weeks ago right at the protrusion of the shoulder.

I was sure it was something to do with the plate......then it started to get bigger. I knew then, but I had to know for sure.

What neither Doc nor I understand was how did the bone heal in the first place after the surgery?

That is a mystery.

Anyhoo, today Bones is happy and comfortable. He is eating with gusto and is his normal self. We will take the gift and enjoy it.

Thank you everybody for your thoughts and prayers. We appreciate them.

Edited by gazehund

Guest DeweytheGreyt

Nancy your positive attitude is inspiring and your love for your boy warms my heart. I'm sorry that your time with him will be cut short but I know it is not the amount of time we have with those that we love but the quality of time. Hugs to you and yours.

Sending more prayers and the most gentle hugs. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Sometimes it's hard to know you have limited time............

But looking at things from a different angle, you can fill every single minute of the each special day with happiness, full of fun with hugs and treets because you're more aware of the time issue.

You're both in our thoughts and prayers...

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

I'm so sorry. I hope Bones has a lot of happy days left.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Oh no :cry1 ... just seeing this, two days late. After his wonderful recent recovery, too :sad1

I am so terribly sorry :cry1 :cry1 :cry1

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Live every minute left with him with joy in your heart, soak up the love, and spoil him rotten... may you have many more days to make beautiful memories with DaBones.

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Nancy, I'm just seeing this today for the first time. I've a pit in the middle of my stomach after reading this news.

I'm so sorry to hear this after he was making such a tremendous recovery. I hope he has many many more days with his loving family. My thoughts, prayers and well wishes are with you all tonight :hope :hope :hope:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Damnit cancer, damnit I hate you. :angryfire

Mom to Daisy (1999-2012), LB (aka Little Bit), and Sammy James (aka Sammy or Buddy)

So very sorry to hear this. I hope you have many happy days ahead. Bless you both for your hope and gusto for life. :candle Many prayers coming your way.

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

8-14-hound-siggy.jpg?gl=US

Living a GREYT life at the Hound Hacienda - Clarkdale, Arizona

Always missing our angel hounds; Parker, Lacey, Bella, Figgy, Macho, Aspen, Kingman and Tillie

Thank you everybody.

So far DaBones is doing well. The tumor is growing, but he does not have any pain.

I am not giving him every dose of pain meds that has been prescribed as he does not seem to need them yet. He is eating well and is happy. He moves around under his own power, going upstairs and outside on his own. He has always been a calm, quiet boy and that continues to be the same.

Every day is a gift and we are making the most of each and every one we are given.

Edited by gazehund