Jed

JedsMom

Jed has been such a trooper, but this is a battle he can't win. The tumor has grown so much over the past 2 weeks. It's huge now and it makes it so difficult to for Jed to get comfy. I can't stand seeing him miserable, and so I'm going to say goodbye to him and let him be free of the cancer and free of the pain and discomfort. This week he's started panting after any exertion, so I have a feeling the cancer has spread.

Because Jed has such a fear of going to the vet's office, my wonderful, kind vet has agreed to take time out of his holiday weekend to come to my house to take care of my boy. I can't thank him enough for being so caring. I would hate for Jed's final hour to be spent in terror. Instead he'll be at home, on his bed, surrounded by his family.

When he was initially diagnosed, my hope was that he would be able to see his 10th birthday. We had 2 birthday celebrations in October, the first one when the cake came in and the second one on the 30th, his actual birthday. I think it was such a gift that he was able to be here for Thanksgiving. He had so many treats and yummy things yesterday. I'm so thankful for every moment I've had with my beautiful boy and I just hope that I'm able to be strong for him in his last moments.

I've a call in to the vet now, and hopefully once I hear back from him he'll be able to come out later this afternoon, after DH is home from work.

Any good thoughts for Jed to have a peaceful passing and also for Ripple, who I hope won't be too lost without her brother, are appreciated.

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

Keeping you in my thoughts. Give him a kiss for me and tell him how handsome he is.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest joedogs_mom

I am so sorry - we lost our Joe earlier this week...he would have been 10 in January.

I am thinking of you all and am so happy Jed got lots of yummies yesterday. Hugs...

Oh Diana, I'm so very sorry :( :( :(

What a loving mum you are to let your boy go to spare him suffering. It doesn't make letting go any easier, but you're doing the right thing by Jed. You have my utmost respect.

Sending many hugs and hoping for a peaceful passing. I will be thinking of you both. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

I am sorry that you have had to make this decision even if it the best for Jed. Our thoughts are with you and Jed on this difficult day. Give the boy a hug from me.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I am so sorry to hear about Jed. You have given him such a wonderful life of love and contentment. May his passing be peaceful and all the memories of your time with him be of comfort to you. Saying goodbye is so heartbreaking. :grouphug

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

The sadness comes with the love. Its the love that allows us to let them go when it is time.

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

I am so sorry and only hope for a peaceful passing.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I am so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with Jed and his family. Please hug and kiss Jed for me. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I am so very sorry. Please give Jed lots of hugs :grouphug and kisses to keep him on his trip to the Bridge. Prayers for you, DH and Ripple during this difficult time. :hope:hope

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Have a peaceful journey Jed in the arms of those who love you best. :grouphug

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

I'm so sorry that it's time to say good-bye to your sweet Jed. I know how sad and difficult this is for you, but you're doing everything in your power to give him a gentle, peaceful passing. You will all be in my prayers today.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown