My Jack

Jackandgrey

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest charlie
The world never got to see his silly self.

With great respect - you're wrong. :)

The whole world has a goofy person they love (or perhaps, are) - and here, we all have a grey who has been rehomed, and goofs about, bites a carrot and yaps, chases a sock, yaps at the computer printer, or does their own sweet mad thing... :wub:

Everytime they do that, there's a bit of Jack, if it's a greyhound, doubly so, as they are pedigrees and so "inbred" (it sounds like a bad thing, but it's just a thing) - his genes, his JOY in life, his goofiness are part of all of us, and everytime you start when a butterfly lands on you, in the park - that's him.

We don't exist though our bodies, alone - we are so much more than that.

We exist because we are loved (so keep on loving him, and don't for one moment let that he's gone curdle that love, or make it sour) and we exist because we affect others - your lovely babyhound is where he is, and your love is different, and your heart naturally hurts as he's not there - but nothing ever dies, energy cannot be extinguished, and he is and was a beautiful dog, and his joy in existing only needs your love to honour it.

I can;t imagine how much you miss that sad grey muzzle - those eyes - but love doesn't die, and if you can direct the love you have, towards him and other greys, and don't let the idea of loss tear you apart - then you will do him proud.

Grief is horrible - hurt as much as you need to, but in the end, just love - it heals you and all of us.

He was a beautiful dog - that face, he was so full of trust, he had so much love from you.

I wish I could make it okay - I can't, but love helps, and sending some your way. Shutting up now!

Charlie x

Guest ArtysPeople

Thank you for sharing your wonderful memories of Jack with us. My deepest condolences for your loss, which must be very deep, indeed.

:f_redf_yellow:gh_run2f_yellow:f_red

Edited by ArtysPeople

Guest CircusGreyZoe

I'm just seeing this--my thoughts are with you. Zoe sends lots of cuddles and a few playbows for good measure, and I'm sending lots of hugs and mugs of hot chocolate and all those other things. I'm sure you, Jill, and Josh have a lot to process and deal with right now.

Hugs,

Allyson

I'm so sorry about your loss... f_yellow

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

Susan:

I was just thinking about Jack the other day and wondering how he was doing since I have been following his story when you posted his diagnosis.

I am so very sorry for your loss. I have no doubt that Jack is at peace. I hope your heart heals soon and you continue to be filled with the love that your wonderful memories can provide.

Please take care,

Liz

"Love never ends"

He is with you still, and always will be. Just close your eyes and remember...he'll be right there beside you.

Good dog, Jack.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".