Suzi Went To The Bridge This A.m.

Spotsylott

Nancy and Dick Waddell are unable to post this message. Their hearts are too full of memories of days gone by and grief. As their friend, I am posting it here for them. Suzi Waddell, the 20+ year old greyhound, beloved Queen of Dewey, took her final rickshaw ride this morning. Her body failed, her spirit never did. Anyone who knew Suzi, if only for a moment at Dewey, or saw her ride by in her rickshaw, or read one of Nancy's funny stories about her, couldn't help but be impressed by her zest for life. On one of her last outings at the park with our walking group, Suzi stood in the center of our greyhound pack as they ran around the playground enclosure. You could tell by the look in her eyes that she would have lead that pack at another time. As it was she just walked around a bit and watched...but none ran into her...she was SUZI!!!!She never missed a trick and played the heartstrings of her guardians like a symphony, and those hearts are broken tonight. Please keep Dick and Nancy Waddell in your prayers...and Suzi...Well she is now racing the wind, enjoying the feel of the sunlight on her face and reaching out to all of us to remember the seniors available for adoption....

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rest now sweet suzi.

:f_red

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

Prayers for Suzi and the Waddell's.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Rest in peace.

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

Goodbye, Suzi. Run free in the sunshine across the bridge, and remember those who loved you.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

My heart goes out to Nancy and Dick for the loss of their regal Queen, Suzi. Their tales of her adventures gave me such hope for my greys who are now seniors, and I pray that mine will live as long and rich a life as she did. Godspeed sweet baby girl. :angelwings

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Very very sad. It feels like the end of an era. She was an inspiration to many, and certainly lived a very long life, and died loved by so many -- even those who never met her.

A great and lasting legacy for anyone, and an even greater achievement for a dog.

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

Guest pleasantsarg

This is heartbreaking. Suzi has made such a huge dent in my life. My prayers go out to Suzi, her family & the entire community. Thank you Suzi. We miss you.

What a special angel, who has now joined our grey babies at the Rainbow Bridge. I know my sweet Maggie was waiting for Suzi with a big smile on her face, two beautiful fawn ladies, along with all of the other beautiful souls. My beloved Maggie, Charlie and Casey, help show Miss Suzi around. It is so tragic for us to lose you, the pain never goes away.

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Wow 20! What a wonderful life she lived, my heart goes out to her family and to all those she made an impact on. I was not lucky enough to meet her but I can imagine how inspiring she must have been. GodSpeed sweet babe

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle

I am sorry to hear of the Waddells' loss and Suzi's passing, but how very lucky they were to have their girl for so long.

Suzi was an inspiration, and now she's playing with those young (13-, 14-, and 15-year-old) wipper-snappers at the Bridge.

Run free, Suzi!

f_yellow

Please send my condolences to the Waddells. I'm tearing up at the thought of them losing her, and I've never met her, only heard about her and seen her picture in the rickshaw - she's a legend, and a true fighting spirit.

Run free, sweet Suzi :(

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest GreyhoundMommy

:f_pinkIn Memory of Suzi

God bless you, Suzi. May you rest in peace, sweet girl. The guardian angel of all those seniors still waiting for a home. You're a real inspiration.

Edited by GreyhoundMommy

:weep:weep:brokenheartf_yellow . Very sad.

Willow( Hi Tech Popandgo ) CGC #31965 Calico Salad x MayPop 8-9-93/9-24-07 Austin( Nodak Austin ) #55202 Chrisse's Twelve x Lotsa Liz 2-25-96/2-15-05 Matt( Kelsos Metaphor ) #90695 Oswald Cobblepot x Kelso's Movita 8-10-00/2-28-14 Buddy (Aljo Class Act) #78137 Action By Design x Miss Classy 12-8-98/8-29-09 Sonny (Onaim Excalibur)#97927 Flying Train x Rough Diamond 9-7-01/1-9-2016Hunter (SS Snow Roll) #35135 Craigie Whistler x Lightning Snow 10-4-2005/9-23-17 Leo (Yolo Empleo)#72060 4-13-18 Fiesta Paraguas x Mega Bien Hecho

Guest DutchGrey
:( It's sad she's gone, but boy did she live her life to the fullest. An amazing girl, I think her family will have lots and lots of good memories. Goodbye, Suzi.

Guest practicepiano

It is such a wonder that this beautiful soul lived for so long. I know her family was so grateful for such a gift. They must be missing her so much -- hoping that time and joyous memories of Suzi will bring comfort.

My heart goes out to the Waddell family. Suzi lived a long and happy life, much loved by her family. She touched many people and I was happy to have met her last year at Dewey. May she run free across the Bridge. Please send my thoughts and hugs to the Waddells. :grouphug:angelwings

tn_greyhound002.gif

Willow & Trace

Butch (11/94 - 7/16/08) Hayley (11/96 - 1/13/09) Merlin (11/12/95 - 5/29/09)

GPA - Central New Hampshire