Suzi Went To The Bridge This A.m.

Spotsylott

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trish and I would like to send prayers to the Nancy and Dick. We met them and Suzi our first year in Gettysburg. We also saw them in Dewey last year.

We will miss you sweet Suzi. You sure lived a happy and long life full of love. We are glad we were able to met you and pet and hug you.

Run free now sweet girl. Trish and I will never forget you. :weep

:f_white:angelwings

d2psig.jpg

Another Angel :angelwings has been called home. Run sweet girl, run.

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

Guest TorynUs

Thoughts of sympathy to Suzi's family at this time. She really was an inspiration---and one lucky hound to have lived such a long life with love around her.

Guest Marion Alexander

My deepest sympathies to your family on the passing of your beautiful girl, Suzie. I had the pleasure of seeing her on the beach at Dewey in her rickshaw and had the honor of patting her. She was and is an inspiration to all of us. Godspeed little Suzie.

Guest Ebony's Mom

I feel a deep sense of loss with the passing of Suzy. Her picture is on my desk along with my own three dogs. I had the honor and privilage of meeting her at Dewey last year. I gently patted and talked to her and was slomost reduced to tears when she swiped me with her long tongue. Good gracious! She licked me!! Then someone broke my bubble and told me that her tongue had just fallen out. That little scene makes my memory of her even more treasured.

God speed Suzy! You are one hound loved by so many people that have never had the chance to meet you. Run and play and love the freedom and health that you once had!

My deepest sympathies to Nancy amd Dick who loved her so much. I grieve along with you. Fondly, Ebony' Mom

Condolences to Suzi's family--God bless you for loving her and caring for her for so long! Every dog should be so fortunate....

I hope to have mine that long!

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

Guest KaseysMom

My deepest sympathies. To the Waddells: thank you for inspiring me. We celebrate the life of your wonderful girl. Hugs at this most difficult time.

Guest Dick Waddell

We sincerely appreciate all of those who have shared with us our loss of Suzi. She was incredible and had a huge heart and inner strength. Her post racing and brood bitch life was horrible and only her determination could have helped her survive being chained to a cider block in a New England winter.

She loved to run on the beach but became too feeble in her last year. We know that she's now running in the wind and watching over us and her 3 pack mates here. We were extremely fortunate to have shared life with her.

Thanks to you all.

Guest greyrose

Dick,

My condolences to you and your family on the passing of Suzi. When you have a moment, I would love to hear some stories about her, or perhaps someone can direct me to an online site, if one exists.

Suzi is truly an inspiration to many. And, if you have any secrets to share about her longetivy, please let us know. I think we all want our greyhounds to live and love as long as Suzi was able to. Bless her soul.

Cathy

My deepest sympathy.

While I never met Suzi...I had the privilege of chatting with Suzi's Mommy via e-mail. I loved her pictures and oh how I loved to hear the Suzi stories. Now Suzi will be the Queen of an even bigger and better Dewey. My prayers and thoughts are with you...I am so sorry.

Run free sweet Suzi.

Your inspiration and legacy will live on forever.

:f_pink:f_whitef_yellow:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest Arias_Mom

From Greyhounds Reach the Beach Site:

We are sorry to hear of Suzi passing over the bridge. We have yet to have one of our own to this but our prayers are with Nancy and Dick. Suzi was the queen and she did always held court on the Beach. Dewey 2002 was very special for us for it was Lucky and Demon's first time and they got to spend some time with Suzi. We also truley loved hearing and reading stories of Suzi from both Nancy and Dick when we saw them.

Laura and Gary Mease

Leaver, Panda, Stone and the twins (Lucky and Demon)

My deepest sympathy goes out to Dick and Nancy for their loss of Suzi. I did get to meet her in Dewey in 2001 and 2002. I have pictures of her. I know she will be missed by all who had the oppertunity to meet her. Dick and Nancy can be very proud of the care the gave Suzi which gave her such a long,happy life. I hope their happy memmories of Suzi will help to heal their broken hearts.Debi

Oh, I am so sorry for the loss of Suzie - my deepest sympathy to Dick and Nancy during this sad time. I hope they can both take comfort in knowing that Suzie has, no doubt, gone on to her final reward.

- Weezie

I just wanted Suzie's family to know how sorry I am to hear of her passing. I, too, have a picture of her from Dewey. Although I didn't know her or her Mom, I was totally charmed by her, and took her picture because I knew that it would make me smile. And it always does. She was truly a special dog with a unique gift. I am sure that her endearing presence influenced many people who considered adopting a Greyhound, and her Mom's wonderful stories lifted many people's spirits. Thinking of her reminds me of the last lines of a poem I wrote for a friend who lost an exceptional dog: Remember that love continues to grow, like the ripples across a lake, and if you have trouble believing, just think of the difference that one dog can make. Nancy

My heart and deepest sympathies goes out to Nancy and Dick. I am very sorry to hear about Suzi. I also have pictures of her and remember that when she first got onto the beach, everyone said "Suzi's here" and ran over to her. She will surely be missed.

Erica, Dave, Raven and Charles

Guest Maxwells_Kennel

Our deepest sympathies to Dick and Nancy Waddell........our first trip to Dewey was 2002 and the first time we met Suzi. We were thrilled with her, but also with Dick and Nancy and their love and care and devotion to Suzi. We will never forget the story Dick told about her rickshaw and how it was built. We have five greyhounds that attended Dewey; we were truly blessed to have met the Waddells and Suzi. Rest assured she is running free and waiting and watching for Dewey 2003! Our oldest Greyhound will be 15 this year........and we hope she will follow in Suzi's footsteps..................but there will only be one Suzi. Our deepest heartfelt sympathies at this time.

Guest Phoebesmom

Suzi was quite an inspiration as were the Waddells who gave her such wonderful care. Suzi continues on in all of our hearts and memories. Hugs, Deb

Guest DeeNBailey

Rest in peace, Sweet Suzi. I'm so glad Bailey and I got to meet you during our first trip to Dewey last year.

Love and prayers sent to Suzi's family. God bless you and comfort you.

f_yellow

Guest Ebony's Mom

A special part of me is still in pain over your loss of Dear Suzi. I feel honored that I had the opportunity to meet her and shower her with my love and attentions. I feel empty inside thinking of the misery that Nancy and Dick must be going through at this time.

Please consider taking home another "older" grey to love. Suzi would approve of it and love you for it. Don't worry Nancy and Dick, the two of you fill her dreams each night and she is a happy girl.

God Bless you and keep you. She'll wait for you at the bridge, smiling a new toothy smile!