Frisco 6/22/05 - 11/3/08

nettles

Gil’s Frisco raced at Naples for about the last year and half. We watched him frequently and he was quite good for a while. Then he began slowing down. The trainer said it “didn’t look like he wanted to race anymore”. Since he was Chico’s brother, we informed the appropriate parties that we would be interested in adopting the boy. So, after all that time, we received a message from the lady that heads the local adoption group to “Please call me asap - Frisco can come home”. Many preparations had to be made to get the boy up here and, after a two day trip in the hauler, he was delivered to Emerald Kennels last Wednesday where we would pick him up and take him to the vet for neutering, etc. on Saturday.

We were very excited the day we were to pick him up, he was our Chico’s brother after all, and we couldn’t wait to meet him. When we finally got to see him, he was everything and more that we expected. A beautiful blue brindle with stand up ears, just like his brother. On the trip to the vet’s office, he had his head in my lap and kept giving kisses. Once the surgery was over, he would finally be home and reunited with his brother once again.

The surgery was scheduled for Monday. We called around 1:00 to see how everything went. The vet tech assured us that all was well and we could probably pick him up later in the day. We were thrilled as we had been very apprehensive about the anesthesia (as always) and surgery. A short time later the vet called us and gave us the shocking news that “there were complications while he was coming out of the anesthesia and his heart just stopped beating”.

Needless to say, we were devastated by this turn of events. This beautiful boy was only 3+ years old - how could this have happened to such a young, vital pup?

He never got to come home and he never got reunited with his brother. Our hearts are broken once again over this terrible tragedy.

Frisco died on November 3rd, exactly two years to the day that we lost our Tully.

Play among the stars, little one, with our Angels, Nicky and Tully.

Rich & Jerrie

Nicklaus (Okie Nicklaus) 4/1/95- 3/21/07, Alexandra (Noble Mason)7/22/99-6/27/11, Tsar (Noble Pratt)7/22/99-11/25/10, Tully (Noble Tully) 7/22/99- 11-3-06, Sunny (Primary Buddy)6/7/08-3/16/12 Sasha ( Rooftop Silvey ), Screamer (Rooftop Screamer), Gil's Chico (Chico), JD Rip Tide (Remy), Gypsy ( Gypsy Dancer), Foxy (WTD Right Right)

Greyhound Alliance: www.greyhoundalliance.org

Sunburst Project: www.sunburstproject.org

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh nooooooooooooooo.

Rich and Jerrie, I'm so sorry.

Godspeed, sweet boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

What a shock, I am so sorry for your loss. :f_red

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

8-14-hound-siggy.jpg?gl=US

Living a GREYT life at the Hound Hacienda - Clarkdale, Arizona

Always missing our angel hounds; Parker, Lacey, Bella, Figgy, Macho, Aspen, Kingman and Tillie

Such a sad story. :cry1 I am very sorry for your loss. :f_red

Lucy, Mommy to Alex (Fuzzy's Alexander), Zachy, and Lovey (RWC First Love). Angels Willow (Memu), Gracie LuLu (Reward Whammo), Prince (Dundrum Prince) and Rally (My Rapid Rally) , Siamese kitties Dallas and Dixie, Balinese kitty Zoe and bridge kitty Miza

I am so very sorry.

I lost one after a spay surgery and it was so devastating. She was only two years old and so full of life.

I'll be thinking of you and your family.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

:( That is just too heartbreaking for words :grouphug

f_yellowf_yellowf_yellow

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

I am so sorry to read this. How tragic that this sweet boy came so close to going home. He is far too young to leave - this is just heartbreaking.

:f_pink :f_pink :f_pink

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

I am so sorry. How heartbreaking.

:grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France