Bye-bye My Sweet Blackberry

Guest Bethroze

I am so very sorry for your loss. f_yellow:f_redf_yellow

As far as adopting another dog. if you feel like you want to go look at dogs today, go! There is no right or wrong to it. Only what feels right for you.

We lost Kia in March. There was no plan to add another dog to our pack for a while, if ever. Then I got a PM from a very good friend. She knew we weren't looking for another dog, but she strongly felt this dog would be a perfect fit for our home. I took one look at her and knew she was coming home. She was still an active racer at the time. I had fun watching her finish out her racing career while I waited for her to retire.

I made arrangements to drive to Alabama to get her on my Fall vacation. The trip was wonderful. Getting to spend a bit of time with some very good friends was priceless. And Miss Tru? Well, she has fit in perfectly with our pack and has helped us with a whole lot of healing. Healing we didn't even know we had to do. She is a gift and we adore her. Thanks Miss Heather!

Trust your heart. Please let us know when you are ready to bring another hound into your home and heart.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:(:grouphug:f_pink

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

I am so sorry! I know it is hard to let them go, but you are doing the right thing for Blackberry.

You should adopt again when you are ready. If it is right away, then that is the right time for you. As others have said, I found that adopting Molly has helped both Fletcher and me heal from the loss of Sugar.

:bighug

Guest zoolaine

I'm very sorry. I think it is a great tribute to Blackberry that you want to adopt right away. It shows how much that sweet girl touched/blessed your life.

Oh, I'm so sorry you have to say good-bye to your precious girl. You will miss her terribly, but I think you know in your heart that the best way to honor her is to open your heart to another dog who needs you, when you are ready. It might help her brother too.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I am sorry about losing Blackberry. Run free sweet one, run free... :gh_run

There is no right or wrong time to adopt another. When you feel ready, go for it. It will honour Blackberry.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

How desperately sad.....so very sorry for your family and for poor Blackberry - runfree :gh_run2

Sometimes for the heart to heal you need to love again, but in your own time.

Think also of Ghost what he might want or need...

Sending our deepest sympathy

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

I am so very sorry, I had just read the other post. :f_red:f_pink:f_white:grouphug

:gh_run2 Run Free Blackberry.

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter