Losing Isabella

Many hugs here too. I'm so sorry you're facing this, but it really is the last act of love that you can do for her. Be strong. She knows she is loved, and she won't judge you, there's nothing to forgive - you're helping her to pass on before life becomes a true burden for her.

It's always so hard to judge the right time, but I remember someone saying once that when it was inevitable and recovery was impossible, a little too early was better than too late. I believe that to be true, but it doesn't make it easier.

:bighug :bighug :bighug

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest grey_dreams

Your absolute love for each other shines through your words. I've been where you are and it's the hardest thing in the world. My thoughts are with you.

Thinking of you :grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest argolola

Tears here too. You will both be in my prayers. Please take comfort in knowing that you have given her a wonderful life. May God bless.

:bighug:f_pink:weep

Willow( Hi Tech Popandgo ) CGC #31965 Calico Salad x MayPop 8-9-93/9-24-07 Austin( Nodak Austin ) #55202 Chrisse's Twelve x Lotsa Liz 2-25-96/2-15-05 Matt( Kelsos Metaphor ) #90695 Oswald Cobblepot x Kelso's Movita 8-10-00/2-28-14 Buddy (Aljo Class Act) #78137 Action By Design x Miss Classy 12-8-98/8-29-09 Sonny (Onaim Excalibur)#97927 Flying Train x Rough Diamond 9-7-01/1-9-2016Hunter (SS Snow Roll) #35135 Craigie Whistler x Lightning Snow 10-4-2005/9-23-17 Leo (Yolo Empleo)#72060 4-13-18 Fiesta Paraguas x Mega Bien Hecho

I am very sorry to hear this, Isabella sounds like a real sweetheart. Your situation sounds just like ours last August when we let go our angel Josey at 14.5yrs, it's very hard and there it sound like there is nothing you wouldn't do for Isabella if you could. I hope your time left with her is filled with love as always, give her a hug for me. I will be thinking of her this today.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

:grouphug

I'm so sorry

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

I am so sorry. the ultimate act of love is so very hard. Our thoughts and prayers with you, Isabella and the rest of your family.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Guest vahoundlover

:cry1 I am so sorry :grouphug I hope when I get old, someone will treat me with the love and kindness you have given Isabella.

Keeping you both in my prayers.

Guest greyt2love

I'm so sorry. May today be peaceful for both of you, and your love fly with Isabella as she goes to the Bridge to find her sunbeam and watch over you.

:grouphug I'm so sorry. I know the conflicting emotions that this decision brings (most of us here do, I'm sure), but do not let that feeling of being a "traitor", as you say, get the upper hand. In its own way, this is a cure for lingering and suffering. You are doing the kindest, most loving thing a devoted dogmom can, despite your own grief. Please feel at peace with your decision. I think you are wonderful, and so is your sweet girl. She will always be in your heart.

I'm so very sorry. May her passing be peaceful and please don't feel like you've betrayed her in any way. You've done everything that you could.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I am so sorry. :(

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project