Losing Isabella

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest StriderDog

You are such a beautiful writer... it makes it that much harder to read because I can't help but feel exactly what you and Isabella are going through. I'm literally choking and gasping with sobs - your love for Isabella is so touching. I'm so sorry. Our time with them is never long enough.

You are in my prayers for the strength you will need and I hope that you will find comfort in knowing that your girl knows how much she is loved. I'm so sorry that it's time to say good-by, but just for now. You will meet up again and she will be young again and free from pain. Please give her a gentle kiss from us

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I am so very sorry. This moment when you know you must say goodbye is the most difficult to endure. Be comforted in knowing you have done everything possible for your beautiful Isabella and that she has had such a wonderful life with you knowing she has been loved and cherished. My heart truly goes out to you.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

I am so very sorry. Your post reminded me so much of when we had to make the awful decision in July to send our beloved whippet to the Rainbow Bridge. He was definitely ready to go, and I kept hoping against hope that he would go naturally. But when he did not, and continued to linger in a very bad state, I had no choice but to make the call to the vet to stop his suffering. And although I know we did the right thing, I still felt guilty that I had to make the conscious decision to do it. However, I took comfort in knowing that Comet had entrusted us, all throughout his wonderful life, to make all decisions for him...both the easy and the difficult ones. Ulitmately we realized that this decision, no matter how difficult it was, was definitely the right choice, and was done out of 100% love for our beautiful boy.

You and your precious baby will be in my thoughts and prayers today.

:grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

It was a hard decision for us too, but we couldn't fix Miles either.

We gave our pups the best lives and love they ever had and they'll never forget that.

Guest greytexplorer
We gave our pups the best lives and love they ever had and they'll never forget that.

Oh Elizabeth, I couldn't agree more! Please remember this always.

Tell Isabella that Pat said how beautiful she is, and give her a kiss for me, OK?

thinking if you both today,

hugs,

~Pat

:weep:weep:weep I can't help but shed tears as I read about your sweet pup. You know you have to do what is best for her and you are doing that. Run free sweet girl, run free....

:gh_run:gh_run:gh_run

gallery_16678_2973_7526.jpg

TNT Star Wars X Oshkosh Enigma King's Pedigree
King's sisters: Oshkosh Updraft, Dazie and forever in our hearts Oshkosh Ultra, Lily (3/7/03-2/18/13)

It is by far the hardest decision you ever make. :( My Kona lost use of her limbs and could no longer get up. At that point, we let her go. I know your pain.

We will think of you today. Maybe my Kona will meet her at the bridge for a good romp with limbs that work again.

The Girls

Guest WarmheartedPups

I am so very sorry you have to go through this. It sounds like you have done EVERYTHING...and it is time. Isaballa is a special pup....she is so beautiful.

I know Otis will greet her at the bridge.....with so many other special pups that have passed.

I will pray for you

Guest oldNELLIE

Your story of her dragging her bed into the sunbeam is beautiful, and paints a perfect picture of her personality!

It sounds like you have always done what is right for Isabelle, and you are doing the right thing today. Our thoughts are with you.

:ohno Only just seeing this. I'm so very sorry. :cry1 :cry1

Hoping for a very peaceful goodbye.

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest paulamariez

Oh, Isabella my tears fall and my heart bleeds for you. You are such a beautiful, brave, strong girl! I'm sending my Bridge angels, Nikki, Chief and Bandit to welcome you and show you around. I am so very sorry. It is the most difficult thing to go through. Tiger, Bueller and Domino are sending you some sad doggie kisses.