Bones' X - Rays

WOW, Nancy, the comparison is incredible. I'm just learning tonight about his injury. I'm so sorry :grouphug but also so happy to hear that surgery was successful and that he'll be okay :grouphug :grouphug

Mom to Daisy (1999-2012), LB (aka Little Bit), and Sammy James (aka Sammy or Buddy)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest houndlover
The after photo is just amazing. It looks perfect

I agree. I know that you weren't crazy about this vet based on your initial meeting with him but it looks like he came through for Bones. Hope your boy is feeling better soon.

Wonderful job. I am so glad that they were able to fix Bone's bones!!

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Poor baby, that was an awful break but the repair sure looks good. Sending prayers for a good and uneventful recovery. :hope

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Holy moley! That's a wicked, angulated, displaced proximal humeral fracture, with a beautiful reduction/fixation! Cripes, that repair is great -- and luckily it's not an intra-articular fracture, meaning neither joint was involved.

Surgeons will be surgeons... they may have the personality of a cockroach, but when they do the kind of work you see on these films, their skill speaks louder than words.

Was Bones HBC, Nancy? I can't think of anything else with the force to cause this type of trauma.

gallery_13500_3426_13848.jpg

Lots of "Wows" in this thread, but I can only echo that. Nice work! How great that he's going to be back in shape. Give your sweet boy a very gentle hug.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest FullMetalFrank

Wow, that is some amazing work! Sometimes the best surgeons have the worst bedside manner. I hope Bones is resting comfortably today and wishing speedy healing!

Holy Cow!!! That hurts just to look at it! Poor baby. I'm glad he's back home and on the mend!

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers

That was amazing surgery performed to repair Bones. I am so impressed with the way the doctor pulled those pieces back together so cleanly. Hope Bones is feeling a little more comfortable today as he heals. :grouphug :grouphug

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Amazing repair...if Bones has any more room on his nose for kisses, sending lots of them from me.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Oh my gosh! What a horrible break and kudo's to the amazing surgeon that did such a beautiful fix! That's amazing! Hope your boy is feeling good today.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

WOW....amazing what vets can do!!

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Guest Winterwish

Dear Bones :wub: ,

From everything your good momma says,you got what it takes for excellent healing! Already on your way step by step to going on nice autumn walks thru' the paths and trees with mom,dad,Future and Pearl!

~auntie mary :paw

Nancy you are doing an awesome job!!!

Edited by Winterwish

The after photo is just amazing. It looks perfect

I agree. I know that you weren't crazy about this vet based on your initial meeting with him but it looks like he came through for Bones. Hope your boy is feeling better soon.

He did indeed. I have changed my mind about him.

Holy moley! That's a wicked, angulated, displaced proximal humeral fracture, with a beautiful reduction/fixation! Cripes, that repair is great -- and luckily it's not an intra-articular fracture, meaning neither joint was involved.

Surgeons will be surgeons... they may have the personality of a cockroach, but when they do the kind of work you see on these films, their skill speaks louder than words.

Was Bones HBC, Nancy? I can't think of anything else with the force to cause this type of trauma.

Don't know Jordan, there were no witnesses present by the time I got to him. Only explanation though.

I know this year has delivered some swift punches to you, Nancy, and with this recent situation w/Bones, enough is enough! Continuing to think of your boy and sending healing prayers and thoughts :hope:grouphug ... Daisy also sends some extra scritches and LB sends little nose kisses :wub:

Edited by jodyksam

Mom to Daisy (1999-2012), LB (aka Little Bit), and Sammy James (aka Sammy or Buddy)

Bones surgeon did an awesome job. Hug Bones for me. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.