Bones' X - Rays

Holy crap!! :jaw I need a pain pill just looking at it. Yoou are so fortunate to have such a wonderful practice near you.

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MomofSweetPotatoes

Holy Crap!!!!

A very amazing job. Nancy and Bones and family, we hope you are all recovering from this ordeal. The offer stands...if you need anything, I'll be there (I just don't do windows. :unsure )

Guest vahoundlover

Holy Cow!!!! :wow Dr Good Hands is amazing!!

When my sister was first DX with MS, she had a neurologist who's bedside manner was atrocious. My parents were up in arms over him for several weeks. My sister finally told them "she didn't give a rats ass, as long as he could help her" He did...she's been in remission for 10 yrs.

Can't even tell you how thrilled we are for such a good outcome. You both deserve one long vacation, that's for sure

October. I am road tripping to Alabama and I can't wait!!

I know this year has delivered some swift punches to you, Nancy, and with this recent situation w/Bones, enough is enough! Continuing to think of your boy and sending healing prayers and thoughts :hope:grouphug ... Daisy also sends some extra scritches and LB sends little nose kisses :wub:

Amen Jody. We are hanging tough though. Thank you for the good thoughts. Hugs and smooches right back at you guys!

Holy crap!! :jaw I need a pain pill just looking at it. Yoou are so fortunate to have such a wonderful practice near you.

Another Amen Sista!! I have always known about them, just never had to use them before.

Holy Crap!!!!

A very amazing job. Nancy and Bones and family, we hope you are all recovering from this ordeal. The offer stands...if you need anything, I'll be there (I just don't do windows. :unsure )

I know Kerri and I thank you ever so much. You and everyone else near by who has made the same offer. Thank you! We are good so far.

Holy Cow!!!! :wow Dr Good Hands is amazing!!

When my sister was first DX with MS, she had a neurologist who's bedside manner was atrocious. My parents were up in arms over him for several weeks. My sister finally told them "she didn't give a rats ass, as long as he could help her" He did...she's been in remission for 10 yrs.

Exactly. Good for your sister!!

(&%^!!! That first film is scary! But he did a lovely job putting it back together. Wow! He did such a nice, neat job of fixing it. :) I guess he really was the classic awesome surgeon with the bad bedside manner. :lol Looking at how "perfect" everything is-- even the incision/stapling, I'd say he's quite the perfectionist too. I'm so glad that Bones is back on the mend!!

In vino veritas
Rachael with Rook, missing Sully, Sebau, and Diesel

Guest ChasesMum

Holy crap!

Looks like my friend's lab/dane's leg when it was run over by their Jeep! HBC does seem to be the only explanation...

Poor Bones!

Guest TBSFlame

My Flame had a bad break that ended his racing career. A local vet tech went to the kennel to pick up some blood donnor dogs and found him with his leg sticking out, very deformed. He was very underweight and had sores on his hips. I think he was scheduled to be put down and she felt sorry for him and brought him home. She got a vet friend to do the surgery to fix his leg, they had to break it and plate it. It got infected and he almost lost his leg. She called our group to rehome this boy. When he came to me he was 20 pounds underweight and a sad sad looking thing. I was his foster home and when he walked into the gate he looked at me and made eye contact and wagged his tail, just a little. I kept him for 4 months before he was ok to be homed and by that time he thought he was at home. His foot is fused together and he limps but he is happy and healthy and loved. I did have a couple that said they wanted to adopted him and I started crying. I just couldn't let him go. That was 5 1/2 years ago. Your boy will do fine.

My Flame had a bad break that ended his racing career. A local vet tech went to the kennel to pick up some blood donnor dogs and found him with his leg sticking out, very deformed. He was very underweight and had sores on his hips. I think he was scheduled to be put down and she felt sorry for him and brought him home. She got a vet friend to do the surgery to fix his leg, they had to break it and plate it. It got infected and he almost lost his leg. She called our group to rehome this boy. When he came to me he was 20 pounds underweight and a sad sad looking thing. I was his foster home and when he walked into the gate he looked at me and made eye contact and wagged his tail, just a little. I kept him for 4 months before he was ok to be homed and by that time he thought he was at home. His foot is fused together and he limps but he is happy and healthy and loved. I did have a couple that said they wanted to adopted him and I started crying. I just couldn't let him go. That was 5 1/2 years ago. Your boy will do fine.

Oh, oh, oh, oh and OH!! Yikes, thank goodness he has you. Yeah, DaBones will be fine. Thank you!

Ouchy!!! Nancy-- Do CTRL PRTSCN It's the only way I've found to work with that program they use.

Cool. That would have never occurred to me. Thanks Jenn!

Guest greytkidsmom

Impressive fracture and an even more impressive fix. Glad that his surgical skill makes up for his lack of bedside manner. Go Bones, go!

I still cannot get the flipping things off this disc. I have never seen a disk / program like this. It is some kind of medical imagery thingy.

So...............I took a picture of it for ya. Best I could do, I am tired.

I would never willingly put my dog through this. It is extraordinary that it can even be fixed at all. This is a 13 hole stainless steel plate and we are using all 13 holes.

Before:

Sort of lower left hand side you can see several (five actually) pieces of bone going every which way.

BonesBefore.gif

After:

All lined up back the way it should be with a little help from modern science and a very gifted surgeon.

BonesAfter.gif

Bones is going to make it and live out his normal life span. By the grace of God.

Please be careful everyone!

Thank goodness they were able to repair him.

Guess he'll never make it through metal detectors! (Neither do I.)

Mary in Houston

Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film.

LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

The thought that went through my mind when I saw the first x-ray was "pick up sticks".

The repair is beautiful.

I hope Bones heals quickly and well. :kiss2 to him from me too.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

That was some break :eek

Glad he's fixed and all straight again :D

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Wow Nancy. That surgeon has amazing hands. Please give Bones some scritches for me.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Guest paulamariez

Wow! I took one look at that xray and said "holy crap!" Your poor sweet hound! I'm glad the vet was able to put that mess back together! I will keep your sweet precious Bones in my prayers for a quick and complete recovery. Having one of my boys get loose and get hit by a car is one of my biggest nightmares! Tiger, Bueller and Domino are sending bones lots of healing doggie kisses!

Thanks everyone! Bones continues to improve by leaps and bounds every day. Dr B. grossly underestimated the remarkable resiliency of the greyhound!

Feel free to close this thread if you wish mods. Thanks!

Nancy....

I hope he is able to eat!! You better continue to post pics!

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Holy smoke! The surgeon did a great job. What a nightmare for Bones and his family to go through. I'm so glad there's a good outcome. Hope to see pics of his continued recovery.

Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=