Beau's Leg Again. Left At Vet Saturday Morning

Prayers for Beau. :hope

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't forget; x-rays can be misinterpreted...

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest taylorsmom

Absolutely X-rays can be misinterpreted!! I am so glad that they are sending the films to the experts. I also HIGHLY doubt hip dysplasia--as someone else said, that is a genetic disorder and involves a number of different things. If it is a misalignment as a function of disordered gait, it should be fairly easily remedied--a chiropracter, for instance, may be very helpful.

We will be keeping beautiful Beau in our prayers and thoughts, lots of hugs for you Robin. I know how hard the waiting is.

Robin I am just seeing this and in some ways am glad as it sounds like he's doing better today. When do you expect the results back from Cornell / OSU? Meanwhile, don't borrow trouble - and give that most handsome boy lots of smooches from me. :kiss2

The films are being sent overnight to OSU so they should have it (in theory) Tuesday. I emailed Dr. Couto a heads up that it was coming.

If I didn't go through what I went through Friday night and yesterday, I would think I was dreaming the whole thing. He is acting and walking 100%.

Believe me, I am happy. I am suppossed to curtail his walks and the only thing he wants to do is walk. if I don't walk him then he is a crazy boy in the house which is worse because of all the short stops he does. I feel he is better off on a controlled walk (on the grass or easment to ease the impact) to get rid of some of his energy. I love that he acts like silly crazy boy, but I also know he tends to hurt himself when he acts that way.

I have a list of questions for my vet. When she orignally called me, I was in the car in bumper to bumper on the infamous LIE and very distracted. I hope to have something positive to say tomorrow night BEFORE the films are interperptted.

Thank you EVERYONE.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Sending good thoughts for Beau...

IF it ends up being a hip *thing* and his hip is misaligned, I'd look for a chiropractor. We've had several broodies with hips out of whack due to having pups who were greatly helped with a few chiropractic treatments. Really seemed to fix the hitches in their giddyups :)

I will also second what someone mentioned about the dark spot being a possible infection. Not the best thing you'd like to hear, but, infections are usually fixable :)

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest tricolorhounds

In regard to the X-Rays, yes they can be deceiving. In Savannah's case, our regular Vet took the X-Rays, compared them to X-Rays taken 3 years ago... saw a suspicious shadow and told us that the surgeon would be doing a biopsy. The surgeon also made a comment about the "shadow," explained what he would do in surgery and that he would be taking a biopsy as it could either be an infection or something worse.

During surgery, he noted that the bone looked perfectly healthy, albeit broken... When the results came back, it was in fact perfectly healthy.

Keeping my :goodluck fingers crossed that Beau is perfectly healthy too...

Guest Ohiogreymom

Sending prayers for Beau :wub: , and chanting: It's ONLY an infection... :hope:hope It's ONLY an infection.. :hope:hope It's ONLY an infection. :hope:hope

Just checking in... read that his leg appears better. Whatever it is, I hope they are able to find out soon because your vet is surely right... he should not be going through this every few months, and neither should you. It must be so worrying for you.

Tightening my (already firmly crossed) fingers. Hoping you get a response from OSU on Tuesday...

:goodluck :goodluck :goodluck:goodluck:goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

OK- films are on their way to OSU. Should be there tomorrow.

had a long talk with my vet. I had a list of questions which I faxed over to her and she took the time to go over it with me one by one.

1) the lesion she saw on the leg that she wants evaulated she doesn't think it''s CA but she wants to be sure (and so do I!)

2) the Hip- not dysplasia but for explaining to me purposes she used that term. She said he may be over compensating because of the leg and throwing out his hp and knee. T

3) the knee that was popped out when we got there is back but it can be popped in and out. If he does his craziness, it could repeat. If it does keep happening, he will need surgery... again.

4) I feel better. He IS better and in my heart, I really don't believe it's anything critical. I pray I am right.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

... I really don't believe it's anything critical. I pray I am right.

So do I, Robin! Sending positive vibes and healing thoughts.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Sending more prayers that Dr. C see's NOTHING serious on Beau's films. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest vahoundlover
... I really don't believe it's anything critical. I pray I am right.

So do I, Robin! Sending positive vibes and healing thoughts.

Me too!