Bone Cancer (osteosarcoma) Amputation

Guest Designsmom

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

How's Design doing? There hasn't been an update in some time. Hope she's doing well! :goodluck

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest vahoundlover
How's Design doing? There hasn't been an update in some time. Hope she's doing well! :goodluck

I've been wondering the same thing. Hope she's doing OK

Guest Designsmom

Design is doing great. We are taking her to the vet this morning to see if they can take out some of the staples. She is no longer on pain meds and she even RAN in from outside today. She is a happy, happy girl and I am soooo glad we did this now. She is just fine with it and so are we. She still can't do for a long walk, but she likes to walk around our property and go in and nap. Everything takes time. I would never ever want to go through the first 3 weeks again though but now that I see the outcome I would suck it up and get tougher. She is laying on her back right now with all THREE legs up in the air. I love her!

Guest ChasesMum

I am coming in after the fact but yes, depending on the dog. I would for my Chase in a heartbeat... I know she would recover well and soak up all the loving she was offered.

George was not yet 5 when we opted for amputation for him, and while it only got us 4 months, it was that or he immediatley was put down because his pain was uncontrollable. And my MIL was in chemo for breast cancer and she needed her cancer buddy...

So happy to see a nice update! YAY!

Edited by ChasesMum

Bless her precious heart! Such a sweet and brave baby girl. Keep up the good work sweetie girl! :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Wonderful to hear that your baby girl is doing so well! :yay:yay You go, Design! :gh_run2

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Oh, Design, you've made your Mom and lots of people here very happy! Yes, those first few weeks are so hard, but I know that feeling when you see the first joyous 3 legged roach. It just fills your heart with love and admiration. May she continue to adjust and get better and better.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest Vinnie
:digicam:digicam:digicam pretty please! We are so happy to hear that she is doing better along with you - we remember how hard those first couple of weeks are - but we would do it again in a heartbeat. Continued healing prayers coming your way along with extra scritches for Design.

Guest luvRgreys

Just coming into this thread. Very glad Design is doing well. Life sure isn't easy, tough decisions all along the way! You and Design are in my prayers.

Good girl Design :D

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

That is such great news! :yay Thanks for updating us!

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest mleekramer

I'm so sorry for your pup! We don't have a similar diagnosis, but I'm confident that if you amputate, your pup will recover like she never knew the leg was gone. Our pup PopTart has a leg injury for 2 months she refused to walk on. I've been amazed at how well she still could get around and even run on 3 legs. Best wishes to you!

Guest HersheysMom
Design is doing great. We are taking her to the vet this morning to see if they can take out some of the staples. She is no longer on pain meds and she even RAN in from outside today. She is a happy, happy girl and I am soooo glad we did this now. She is just fine with it and so are we. She still can't do for a long walk, but she likes to walk around our property and go in and nap. Everything takes time. I would never ever want to go through the first 3 weeks again though but now that I see the outcome I would suck it up and get tougher. She is laying on her back right now with all THREE legs up in the air. I love her!

WTG Design! That's wonderful :)