Chief Adam

Guest EaglesMom

Guest EaglesMom

My spunky, barrel chested, bug eyed boy is now running at the bridge. He had been stumbling quite a bit and yesterday took a pretty hard fall. I took him to the E-VET thinking he had torn a muscle, when the vet read the x-rays, it was osteo. I brought him home, he ate cheeseburgers and ice cream and got a ton of love. I honestly thought I would have him for a couple more days, but it was clear this am, that it was his time. I petted him and told him he was a great boy as he took his last breath.

He was my first failure at fostering and I have loved him every minute of every day.

He was my alarm clock, my roach king and the culprit behind many bruises on my legs as he never learned in the game of chicken, you don't actually plow into the person. He could clear a room in under a minute with his classic greyhound gas. He was my kitty bodyguard (always on patrol to make sure that pesky kitty did not get to close to his Mom) my bathroom buddy (cuz you know, one should NEVER go to the bathroom alone) and the keyholder to my heart.

He let me know if I did something to upset him as I would come home to shredded books, teeth marks in the drywall or a demolished slipper.

I had him less than two years and I will cherish every memory. It is because of him and Luther that I will always hold a special place in my heart for the bounced seniors.

Chief loved life to the fullest and I am sure he is already claiming his spot at the throne at the bridge.

For those of you that had the opportunity to meet Chief, please think of a happy memory as there are many.

Don't be sad for me, I had the opportunity to love and cherish one of the most spirited, fun greyhounds and I am blessed to have known him and share his remaining years with him.

Becky Rollison

East Coast Greyhound Aid

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A beautiful tribute to your Chief. My sympathies to you and your family.

Godspeed sweet boy.

Jennifer

Cleo (Golddust Cadilac 83484 Blazing Desire X Greys Blu Fox)

Cole (Hallo Jeremy 88778 My Rooster X Bahama Tango)

Athena (R and a Peach 93839 Coldwater Guv X R and a Lady)

user posted image

Becky,

Chris and I are so sorry to hear about Chief. I know how much you loved him and what a character he was. You gave him a wonderful home, I'm just sorry he didn't have more time with you.

Kathy

blackgreys5.jpg

, Phoenix, Okie, Casey, and Ellie the Galga; with Aggie, Alexa, Bear,Cody, Gianni V., Missy B, Babette, Bernice, and BooBoo at the Bridge

My sincere sympathys for the loss of your very special boy.

Run Pain Free Chief Adam :(

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Becky, that's awesome. The story, the memorial, and your positive attitude. Even if it breaks down every now and then, and you need some support later, it's wonderful that you are holding the best of him in your heart and mind, and celebrating his life.

:bighug :bighug :bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

What a beautiful tribute. Greyhounds can teach us so many greyt things in life.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Sounds like you had the ride of a lifetime with this special boy. :) You are now parted physically, but he will always be with you.

:grouphug

Run free sweet boy! :gh_run2

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

I'm so sorry you lost your precious boy. How lucky he was to be with you. And no wonder you failed fostering---he was precisely where he was meant to be! To lose him so suddenly makes that pain even harder to bear, but it can't take away the love you shared, that is yours forever.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I am so Sorry. :bighug:bighug:bighug

:gh_run2 Run Free Chief Adam

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds like Chief was quite a character. Godspeed Chief! :gh_run2

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

Guest TuxsMom

I loved your tribute....he must have filled your home with smiles every day !

f_yellow:gh_layf_yellow

Edited by TuxsMom