Our Sweet Girl Passed Away Suddenly.

Guest KellyL

Guest paulamariez

OMG! How absolutely shocking. I am sooo sorry for your loss. I know how difficult it is. Just take comfort in knowing that your precious sweet girl went to the bridge on her on time table and in the place she loved most, in her home, in her bed with her family nearby. We should all be so lucky to go in that manner. None the less, it is still heart breaking to lose one of our beloved hounds. Take care and Tiger, Bueller and Domino are sending you some sad doggie kisses.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so very sorry. I know what a shock this is. My first greyhound, Newdawn Frost, died like this at age 10 years. He was seemingly in perfect health (senior physical two week prior pronounced him in excellent health) and died suddenly in his sleep at 2:00am. I was in such shock I wasn't thinking clearly or I would have had a necropsy done to determine the cause. I live with this regret to this very day.

A dear friend and veterinarian (he never saw Frosty clinically) said what I decribed sounded to him like an aortic rupture, but I'll never know for sure.

:grouphug

Our 10 1/2 year old little girl was so lively and spunky. She was fine the night before she died, running around and playing. When we woke up the next morning, she seemed fine, but stayed in bed which was not unlike her. I was running around getting the kids ready and noticed she wasn't up yet. It was about 8am, so I went in to get her, and found her already gone. We have no idea what happend, she showed no signs of any health problems or anything. I miss her like crazy already. I hope that our vet will be able to determine what the problem was. Has anyone ever had anything like this happen or heard of anything like this?

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest Snowy8

My 10 1/2 yr old Pegasus died that way. He woke me up though about 2:30 am falling on me on the bed. We got up & went outside, he pottied, came back inside & got in one of the crates & became very weak...by 4:30 am he was gone, that was a year and 1/2 ago.

Just recently BuyCut who was also 10 1/2 became lame on a Thursday, we went to the vet on Friday to make sure there was no cancer, and on Sunday night he suddenly died.

My vet said it was probably a blood clot to the lung or heart.

I am so sorry for your loss, we're here to support you because we've all been where you are so please don't hesitate to write any of us when you need some comforting words. Just know that where she is now, there are no sicknesses. I'm so sorry :beatheart

I'm so sorry. :cry1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I am so sorry that this happened to your little girl. Could you share her name so we could say a prayer for her?

After losing a greyhound it can be hard to come on a site like this and see pictures of other greys. Hopefully in time you will find some joy here.

If your vet is able to find out what happened, please let us know.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest greyt2love

I am so sorry for the loss of your girl. Even though the shocking suddenness of it must be terrible for you, take comfort in knowing that she was happy, healthy, and enjoying life right up to the end, and she left you at home, peacefully. :angelwings

:f_red

Guest lotsahounds

I'm so sorry for your loss. I do know how shocked you are. I too lost my Truman the same way. He was only 7. I did have a necropsy done to determine why he died and it turned out he had cardiomyopathy.

Guest FreddyGirl

Oh my goodness, what a terrible time you are going through. Just know that my prayers are with you. Run free sweet angel. :gh_run

Guest longdogs

I can't think of a better end. Happy and lively one day and quietly gone the next. Sorry it happened to you but I hope we can all be so lucky. At least you have that consolation.

I am so sorry for your loss. Our John E was fine in the morning, got terribly sick and we had to put him to sleep in the afternoon. He was eleven.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I am so sorry...I can't imagine. I think "longdogs" above has the right idea....she had a happy, healthy life and that's all any of us can ask for.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

I'm so sorry you lost your sweet girl so suddenly. You were in no way prepared for such a tremendous loss, so please take time to grieve. If it would help you to know what happened, please look into that. But please know that she was safe and loved until the very end.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest diane601

So very sorry for your loss. After losing two of my greys to the horrible "c" and watching them get sicker and sicker, I think it's a blessing to go so peacefully. I know the shock is terrible and you will hurt terribly, but she is pain free and happy visiting with all her grey friends now.

I am SO sorry. Godspeed sweet Angel...:grouphug:f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.