Hobbes Has Been Diagnosed With Cancer

I'm really sorry to hear this sad news :(

May Hobbes enjoy many birthdays :grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Sending prayers for you and your special boy. I'm so sorry.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

We lost two hounds within four months of each other to cancer. Although it is heartbreaking, they taught us so much about living life each moment at a time. Please live in the moment (as they do) and make each moment special (as they do). They teach us so much. We send the warmest and most loving hugs to you each moment.

Guest HeatherDemps

I'm so sorry that this is the diagnosis. I don't have any experience with this particular type of cancer... I love your idea to treat each day left as a birthday celebration.

I'm so sorry about the news. Make sure you spoil him like crazy and enjoy your days with him, he already knows how much you love him (and you already know how much he loves you).

Peace to you, Hobbes and your family.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

I'm so sorry to hear your news. :( Have not seen cancer manifest this way. Did they take xrays or do a needle aspiration? At the very least, I'd suggest you contact Dr. Couto at OSU for his opinion and advice. Hoping for better days for your baby boy. :hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I'm so sorry to hear your news. :( Have not seen cancer manifest this way. Did they take xrays or do a needle aspiration? At the very least, I'd suggest you contact Dr. Couto at OSU for his opinion and advice. Hoping for better days for your baby boy. :hope

Dr. Couto's name immediately came to mind when we got the diagnosis. They did do a needle aspiration and that's what showed the type of cells we are dealing with. He had a complete blood profile done because they are afraid his liver is having problems. I guess we are going one day at a time looking for more information. As soon as the blood tests come back, we can start him on Tramadol for any discomfort. (And we could pass that info on to Dr. Couto.)

We lost a grey in 2001 to Mast Cell cancer. The initial tumor was controlled with treatment but manifested itself 3 months later as a large tumor in her mouth. The lump on Hobbes' back looks just like the one that our Ms. Dylan had.

Thank you for thinking of us. Every good thought counts!

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy