My Munchie Is In Trouble, Again

Guest LittleGreys

Guest LittleGreys

Munchie became very lethargic and just had a "funny look" in her eye on Saturday morning. She stayed that way through Sat and Sunday. Her joints are painful again, also.

I took her in first thing this morning to do a CBC, since she is on the azathioprine. As I suspected, her white cell count has bottomed out at 2.2

Vet decided to do a chem too, just to check, and her liver enzymes are sky high. We are hoping her liver function is normal, that the enzymes are just high due to the pred. I could not due a liver panel with bile acids as our regular chemistry machine is out of commission. If we don't have another one within a few days, I will go ahead and do it and send it to an outside lab.

We decided to take x rays, and the vet is baffled by the results. It does not look erosive AT the joints, but just proximal to the joints (capus and stifle).

Obviously, we have to stop the imuran due to her having no white cells, but now what to do about the joint issue. We have decided to up the pred to try to make her comfortable while the vet scrambles to find out what to do next.

I'm so upset. I thought she was doing so well. Everything was great until Saturday.

My other girl, Razz, poor baby, today is her birthday and we had to spend all day doing tests on her sister, so she missed out on most of her birthday. I'll have to make it up to her, as she was never suppposed to survive to this birthday, so we have to celebrate!!

This weekend is Munchie's birthday, maybe they can have one big party!!

Sending prayers the your vet can come up with a new plan for Munchie! :grouphug

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

We're pulling for little Munchie here in NY!

154232952_f9c4dc5293.jpg

Dear God,

Could Munchie catch a break? Please?

Thank you.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest LittleGreys
We're pulling for little Munchie here in NY!

154232952_f9c4dc5293.jpg

Aww, my sweet girl!! It's hard to remember her so small. I am anxious to get to work today and see if the vet has anything new for us.....

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers......they have worked before, I know they will work again!!

I'm sorry to hear this. Munchie has had such a rough time lately. Sending healing thoughts your way - I do hope your girlie feels better soon. Happy birthday to Razz also..!

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest LittleGreys

Thanks again for the good thoughts. My vet has not come up with anything new yet. I do have a call in to a vet that I used to work with that has moved to VA who is a tremendous vet, so maybe she will think of something. Munchie is starting to bruise, so we are very concerned. My vet said for the first time this morning that we could lose her. That shocked me as she has never actually come out and said that before.