Miss Echo Needs Healing Thoughts

Jiffer

Well, we've been leash walking her for three days. She's not overly impressed by it, in fact, she hates being leash walked in our yard. She wants to RUN... But she's acting more playful tonight! I won't be convinced that she's feeling totally better until I see her get up on the couch again.

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez, yet another 10 year old who believes they are still 2 lol. I have 2 like that here! Sending warm thoughts for Miss Echo, here's hoping she heals up in a hurry and is back to her zoomies soon.

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

Aaww, get all better soon Echo! And listen to your mommy! No overdoing it! :shakefinger

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

This is why I live in a place where there is not snow!

Sending lots of healing thoughts and hugs to Miss Echo!!!!

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers

Well, after a week and a couple days, she's not improving. She's going to see our Vet tonight for some help.

We have learned that the only time she yelps/GSOD is when she tries to jump (so getting in to the car, or after she potties (yes she jumps after she pees or poops)). Because her ouchies have only happened outside, she has now developed a fear of outdoors. She will refuse to leave the crate, but can be bribed out with treats and then will reluctantly follow me outside on lead.

The final straw was today. I took her out on leash like I have been doing for the past week. She did a pee and then dragged me back to the house. That was fine, I would take her out a second time for her poop. So I went on with the morning routine. Then it was time for second potty. I let the boys out in the yard first then came back inside to gather Miss Echo. She had already pooped on the floor, a behaviour that is completely not like her.

I have been able to find the source of her ouch. It's the muscle at the back of her leg just above her knee joint. When she tries to jump, the muscle spasms like crazy. She will let out a loud GSOD, then whimper until the muscle relaxes. Massaging while it's spasming reduces the length of time she's in pain. She can trot, walk and even pull on lead without any visible discomfort.

I just hope our Vet can help her. It's breaking my heart to see her hurt and be so afraid. She's a very bouncy dog and one of her favourite activities in the house is to run around the living room, pounce on a baby and then bounce off the couch.

Thanks for the white light and prayers everyone.

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

We're back. Turns out it's not a leg problem after all. Our vet poked and proded and stretched... only to discover that when he pushed on her back in a certain spot, she sank like a stone. She's got a sore back.

He's put her on a low dose of prednisone for 15 days and given her strict instructions not to try to run and jump for the time being.

As odd as it sounds, I think just his pushing and such on her back has made her feel a bit better. I hope this happier Echo stays.

She goes back for a recheck on the 11th so hopefully we'll have seen bounds of improvement by then :) If not, we'll be contacting the acupuncturist/chiro vet and going from there.

Thanks again for the good thoughts everyone. I keep telling her about how much everyone is thinking about her and hoping she feels better soon.

I'm sorry I missed this (haven't been around much), but I want to add my :goodluck and :grouphug for Miss Echo. Get better soon Sweetie.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

If it's slow to heal, do you have an acupuncturist nearby? That might help with the back/spasms, etc...

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Guest gomiesmom

Greyt! Sounds like she's on the fast track to feeling better. The vet probably worked some chiropractic wonders and here's hoping she'll be fine soon!

Whew! Glad doc found the problem! Hope the meds do their trick and she is feeling better soonest.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Sending more gentle scritches for Echo. Hope she heals up quickly!

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

I don't know how far you are willing to drive but the chiro that we take Carrier to is amazing. Dr Rosenberg who is the best in Toronto highly recommend her. We use to take Carrier to Dr Rosenberg, but he told us that there was a chiro just ten minutes from us. Her name is Dr Annette Langois - she is a people chiro, but has been certified in animal chiro since 1998. here is a link http://www.brantfordchiropractic.ca/services.cfm and also one more about the course that she offers. http://www.veterinarychiropractic.ca/index.html

She does her small animal adjustments from her home in St George - which is only a few minutes north of Brantford. And it's only 30$ an adjustment - compared to 60$ in Toronto.

Good luck

Edited by LadyBailey

I don't know how far you are willing to drive but the chiro that we take Carrier to is amazing. Dr Rosenberg who is the best in Toronto highly recommend her. We use to take Carrier to Dr Rosenberg, but he told us that there was a chiro just ten minutes from us. Her name is Dr Annette Langois - she is a people chiro, but has been certified in animal chiro since 1998. here is a link http://www.brantfordchiropractic.ca/services.cfm and also one more about the course that she offers. http://www.veterinarychiropractic.ca/index.html

She does her small animal adjustments from her home in St George - which is only a few minutes north of Brantford. And it's only 30$ an adjustment - compared to 60$ in Toronto.

Good luck

Thanks for the referral, but we do have a Chiro/acupuncture vet in Aylmer, ON that we see. He treated and "cured" Icarus when 3 other vets could do nothing for him.

If I see no improvement from the Pred., then I will certainly be bringing her there. :)

Sending many hugs and prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Glad your vet could pinpoint the problem. I hope Echo is feeling much better soon.

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)