Jeanie In Emergency Surgery

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just checking in and sending more prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Poor Jeanie, poor Mommy.

Prayers for a full recovery.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

just talked to the vet , Jeanie is doing well ! :yay she is very sore as could be expected . They took a lot more comforter stuffing out of her stomach . There going to give her some water later today and some food tomorrow morning and if she does well she'll be coming home on Tuesday . I'll be going to see her this evening .

She had just started taking Meloxicam last Friday for a pulled muscle , I was thinking that she ate the bedding because she had a stomach upset from the meds , in the summer she is always eating grass outside maybe she thought that eating the stuffing would settle her stomach she never ever has chewed anything like that before . The vet said that could be a possibility .

thank you all for your positive thoughts and prayers for me and my Jeanie .

She had just started taking Meloxicam last Friday for a pulled muscle , I was thinking that she ate the bedding because she had a stomach upset from the meds , in the summer she is always eating grass outside maybe she thought that eating the stuffing would settle her stomach she never ever has chewed anything like that before . The vet said that could be a possibility .

Yes, that would do it :(

Glad she is doing well!!! :)

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Oh, that's good news. Poor baby. Keeping my fingers crossed for a speedy recovery :goodluck :goodluck ... and hugs to you! :grouphug :grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Good news! Ask your vet about putting her on something like Zitac for the acid reaction to NSAIDs. It helps Jack a lot, but is really for long-term use. Or if you think she's uncomfortable at any time, give her a tablespoon of natural bio-active yogurt!

I hope her recovery is uneventful!

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Guest trevdog

Glad to hear she's on the mend. If she can keep food down, she'll be home tomorrow for sure!

She'll be out of sorts for a few weeks though....

Relieved to hear she's ok!

Edited by trevdog

Guest greytelectric
My Jeanie is in emergency surgery getting an obstruction out of her stomach .This morning she threw up pieces of her comforter , she ate the inside quilting material . Why I don't know she has never chewed anything like that before . She was lethargic all day i thought it was from her sore leg and her meds she was on. At 5 she threw up her breakfast along with more quilting stuff I took her to the E-vet and they did blood test , x-rays and a barium test . The Barium is not moving past her stomach. I'm just so worried because she is 10 . He'll be phoning me around 2 am to see how she is . Poor little girl she is such a drama queen and a screamer I wish I could be there with her :weep

Hey! What's up? Keep us posted. How is she doing?????

Thoughts and prayers

I'm so glad she's doing well so far Andrea. Call me later and let me know. We'll be thinking of her and you. :grouphug

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Yeeks. So glad to hear she is out of surgery and doing OK. Just went thru this with 4-year-old Joseph at Thanksgiving.

FWIW, I fed him canned I/D* for the first two weeks after; started with small frequent meals and gradually worked back to two larger meals a day. Not too much food first 2-3 days -- less than he would normally get. Also found that the first several nights after surgery, he needed to go out to pee before our normal wakeup time. I put a couple pieces of tape over the end of his kennel muzzle so he wouldn't bother his stitches when I couldn't watch him (such as overnight). He was pretty slow for several days after surgery.

*If your vet recommends something like this, all the prescription dog food makers have either an I/D (intestinal diet) or low residue (similar thing, different name). Really worked well for us. If you decide to cook your own instead, make sure any grain products like rice get cooked down ultrasoft -- use 2-3 times more water than you would for people food, and make sure it's all absorbed.

Hope recovery is smooth and easy!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Sending prayers for Jeannie. :hope:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg