Jeanie In Emergency Surgery

My Jeanie is in emergency surgery getting an obstruction out of her stomach .This morning she threw up pieces of her comforter , she ate the inside quilting material . Why I don't know she has never chewed anything like that before . She was lethargic all day i thought it was from her sore leg and her meds she was on. At 5 she threw up her breakfast along with more quilting stuff I took her to the E-vet and they did blood test , x-rays and a barium test . The Barium is not moving past her stomach. I'm just so worried because she is 10 . He'll be phoning me around 2 am to see how she is . Poor little girl she is such a drama queen and a screamer I wish I could be there with her :weep

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending my many prayers for a speedy recovery. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Poor lil' Jeanie. :( Prayers for a successful surgery and uneventful recovery. :hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Oh, poor Jeanie! I'm so sorry.

Try not to worry too much. Comforter filling is better than a sharp obstruction, and if it has all stayed in her stomach the op might not be too stressful for her.

Jack is a screamer too, so I understand your worry about her being in for something, but oddly, he is not too bad at the vet. He seems to brace himself somehow - I know he doesn't enjoy it, and I do worry for him, but he's been fine each time so far. Here's hoping Jeanie is that same.

Good luck! :goodluck

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop