Encouraged By Vet's Findings So Far...

Guest Heehoo

Guest lizjaye

Dear:

You will be in my prayers tonight. I hope the surgery test results are good. I'll keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Called at 5:30 and they said he had been turned & was looking at himself in the back of the crate. They're a shiney metal & the way he's turned, he can see what goes on behind. Paula said she went up to his crate & did her best Miss Hilda call, Deeeee yarr...and she said he perked up his ears & turned his head & wagged his tail at her. She said he was still kinda groggy.

Im just seeing this... Sending prayers

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle

Guest vahoundlover

Holy Cow!!!! :blink: Dear sweetie, hiding something that big is a little different than hiding a sammich ;) Hilda, I know your worried :grouphug Sending lots of prayers for a benign report and for Dear to heal quickly.

Just catching up on this thread now, Hilda. Keeping our fingers and paws crossed for a good lab report. :grouphug

Robin - Cordova (Memphis), TN

Argus (BB's Turbo) #86152 Oswald Cobblepot X Hilary Pride

Butler (GoodOleBoyRoy) #92232 Castor Troy X Princess Josie

Bridge Angel Callie (Tom S Macaroon) #87886 Black Streaker X Tom S Megan, April 15, 2000 - November 3, 2012

Doing the pain-free-infection-free-cancer-free-and-fast-healing chant.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

Guest Tenderhearts

Co-signed!!!!!!!!

Continuing prayers from Kansas that he has a speedy recovery and is home with mommy and his grey sisters and brothers soon! :hope :hope :hope

Guest tricolorhounds

Co-signed!!!!!!!!

Continuing prayers from Kansas that he has a speedy recovery and is home with mommy and his grey sisters and brothers soon! :hope :hope :hope

<<< ... chanting >>> Bee-Nine Bee-Nine Bee-Nine Bee-Nine Bee-Nine Bee-Nine Bee-Nine Bee-Nine Bee-Nine Bee-Nine Bee-Nine Bee-Nine Bee-Nine Bee-Nine Bee-Nine Bee-Nine Bee-Nine Bee-Nine Bee-Nine Bee-Nine Bee-Nine Bee-Nine Bee-Nine Bee-Nine Bee-Nine Bee-Nine Bee-Nine Bee-Nine

Poor baby, sending prayers for a good recovery. :hope:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

The news sounds wonderful so far!! I will silently recite the chant as well!!

Hoping he comes home Friday for a final recovery at his very own home!!!!

Bow Wow Wow Yippie Yo Yippie Yay :)

Siggy4.jpg

Johanna with hounds: Woodie (Molly's Marvin) (Grenade X Kh Molly) and Petra (Make Her a Pet) (Dodgem By Design X Late Nite Oasis)

and forever missing Hurley (Jel Try Out) (Gable Dodge X Kings Teresa) with Kalapaki Beach in Kauai as the background

Add me to the chanting list. What an ordeal for you and Dear but it sounds so positive. Fingers crossed and good wishes going your way for your sweetheart.

:hope :hope :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Please add: EAT YOUR FOOD DEAR, EAT YOUR FOOD!

I called this morning, he's been up walking around...vet is pleased except he won't eat his food. I'm thinking he's just naseated...and being on an IV, maybe he feels full. I guess if you're not going to eat, being at the vet's office is the best place to be.

I'm calling at lunch, then going to visit when I get off work.

The green tripe thing made me stop & think maybe if he's not eating when I get there, seeing if I can go to a store close by & get him something smelly...like tuna or sardines & add to his hospital food. Of course I'll get Dr B's permission first.

Thank you all so much for the prayers, notes...it means so much!!! :snow

Good news so far! Will send many thoughts of EAT EAT EAT to Dear's brain. When I am home at lunch I will ask Joseph and Zema to send thoughts, too.

When you go to visit, take something YOU can eat, too -- preferably something he could have a little of. Nothing gets a dog eating like wanting some of what you're having.

(Joseph LOVED I/D but then he loves everything edible and some things not. He wasn't interested in drinking the day after surgery but got him going again with 50-50 water and milk.)

Big hugs. Thanks for taking the time to update us bums.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest vahoundlover

EAT EAT EAT EAT EAT EAT EAT Dear!!! You have to eat sweetie so mom can take you home!! What about a little vanilla ice cream? Keeping Dear in my prayers.