Encouraged By Vet's Findings So Far...

Guest Heehoo

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to work tonight at Fedex...go figure....so it'll be tomorrow before I see him again. That baby is going to get so much attention when he gets home & he's going to get a greyt birthday party next week. Wouldn't it be greyt if he got to come home on his birthday?

Guest Tenderhearts
I have to work tonight at Fedex...go figure....so it'll be tomorrow before I see him again. That baby is going to get so much attention when he gets home & he's going to get a greyt birthday party next week. Wouldn't it be greyt if he got to come home on his birthday?

Sorry you have to work, Hilda :grouphug :grouphug

Continuing prayers for Dear, and I hope you get some rest once you're home tonight! :hope :hope

Just got home, fed the poopers & I'm resting while they're finishing their dinner. Look at the time! Its already time to go to bed!

There were no messages, so that's good news. As soon as I hear anything tomorrow, I'll post. Good night everyone & sweet dreams!

Any news this morning? Sending more prayers and warm white light. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'm going to call on my lunch. Fridays are usually really busy & he does surgeries starting about 10...hopefully by then the pathology company has delivered the good news. As someone told me, Dr. B has probably seen more than his share of tumors & he can pretty much tell by looking at them...but to make sure...they have to go to the lab.

My next post has to be B9! It has to be....

checking for updates?

Robin - Cordova (Memphis), TN

Argus (BB's Turbo) #86152 Oswald Cobblepot X Hilary Pride

Butler (GoodOleBoyRoy) #92232 Castor Troy X Princess Josie

Bridge Angel Callie (Tom S Macaroon) #87886 Black Streaker X Tom S Megan, April 15, 2000 - November 3, 2012

Dang labratories...no results yet. Well...I know they have to grow cultures & stuff, and look at samples...so not really their fault....I'm just anxious :lol

But Dear's eating & pooping like a normal doggie! I called this morning & they said call back about 11:30, we usually get lab work in between 11 & 11:30. So at lunch I called, no results had come in. They told me to come visit him & maybe by this evening they might know something. Well 5 minutes passed & my phone rang..."they're waiting on the results"...Paula had called the lab.

She said they might get them tomorrow...

I'm just excited he's eating...he had pretty much quit eating before the surgery...he looks bad...except his coat is still sleek & shiney & so soft & his eyes are so bright!

I will update more when I know something. You guys are the best!

Edited by Snowy8

Went by tonight after work...he looks about the same except now his chest & tummy area are bruised. But the swelling has gone down in his chest where the fluid accumulated.

Dr. B said he's eating like a crazy dog. His favorite food? The weight loss food! So they're putting it on top of warm water & dry dog food.

He said at first he flipped the bowl over & hid the food. So when Dr B shut the crate door, then he ate it all.

They got out this morning & jogged around the office/lab area. He said he didn't even have to put a leash on Dear, he jogged a couple of laps & then went right back to his crate.

Endearing note: Dr. B said everyone there just loves Dear. He's so well behaved & so sweet.

:beatheart:snow:beatheart

I'm supposed to call before noon tomorrow & see if the results came in. :blush

Glad to hear he is doing so well, and keeping all paws, fingers, and toes crossed for those labs.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

My vet called me at 9:00...fax came over...Hemangiosarcoma.

After he said the word, twice...I kind of lost consciousness...he said it was malignant. If it comes back, it'll probably show up in the spleen or kidneys.

We'll just watch for the symptoms again, and go from there. Dear needs to stay at the vet until he's eating better.

I've cried a couple of times, even in public since I was out having dinner when the call came through and I don't think its really hit me yet.

The others sense something is wrong. Pipi keeps nuzzling me under the arm.

Guest BlackandBrindle

Omg, Hilda, I'm so sorry :grouphug :grouphug

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, anything you need anytime, don't hesitate to ask :grouphug

Give Dear a gentle hug and a scritch for us please :grouphug

I do hate cancer :sad1

I'm so very sorry to read about the lab results for Dear. My heart goes out to you at this devastating news. Please know I'll be thinking about you and your beautiful grey.

Edited by Fiona3

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Oh no, Hilda, I'm so sorry. :grouphug

Robin - Cordova (Memphis), TN

Argus (BB's Turbo) #86152 Oswald Cobblepot X Hilary Pride

Butler (GoodOleBoyRoy) #92232 Castor Troy X Princess Josie

Bridge Angel Callie (Tom S Macaroon) #87886 Black Streaker X Tom S Megan, April 15, 2000 - November 3, 2012