Encouraged By Vet's Findings So Far...

Guest Heehoo

oooh that's a good idea...liver something. That might be the problem, some of his liver went with the tumor!

I got a couple of emails from greyfriends who told me the same thing Jey...that their dogs didn't eat the day after surgery...so I'm hoping that's all it is.

Tell Joseph if his eating thoughts come thru...I'll cut off a few inches of Dear's incision so Joseph can impress Pipi-Francine with his scar. he he he

Edited by Snowy8

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending many hungry and healing thoughts. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest Winterwish

Yep liver. You can just buy some livers,place a couple on a piece of tinfoil shaped into a bowl kind of,place it in the oven on 350 for only about 15-20 minutes.

Then when you take it out,close it up and just put it in your pocket. He'll love it!

The other thing you can do is crumble bacon into a hamburger-- down the hatch it'll go I bet! I hope anyway...

Hugs to the two of you, :bighug Get well soon sweetie! :kiss2:getwell

:lol Hey, just got home from the vet, Walgreens & Chili's (had to pickup Gabby's meds & a pkg to ship).

My visit with Dear was great. He looks so much better, if an ethiopian doggie can look good, Dear is it! Bless his heart.

He was so happy to see heez mommy....he didn't wag his tail, but when I sat down he snuggled so close. On purpose I'd move a little & he'd snuggle closer. I got up & walked around the room & he'd follow me & put his head under my hand....tears. My baby is getting okay.

Dr B came in & told me he's on a pain reliever so he's a little groggy & I did notice he held his head down when I was rubbin his neck & ears, something Dear doesn't do.

He told me that Dear lost a lot of blood from the tumor being absessed, but not enough for a transfusion. The tumor weighed about 4 lbs....it was a good size tumor.

He hasn't eaten as of when I was there, but I did get him to eat a 1/2 of a Bil Jack...so we're hoping that entices him to go ahead & eat his dinner tonight & Dr B is going to try putting it on a plate vs the bowl.

I have a feeling my vet has been sleeping at the clinic this week. He's known for doing stuff like that.

Happiness is knowing your vet loves your greyhounds as much as you do. :beatheart:snow:beatheart

Aw, I'm glad you had a good visit with him.

Joseph and Zema are thinking hungry thoughts for Dear.

We all hope he is home with you soonest.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Winterwish

Oh Hilda,I'm so glad Dear is in such good hands and that he's slowly healing. Poor baby! Using a plate instead of a bowl is a good idea,so much easier to get to.

I hope you're getting some rest too Hilda. :bighug

Guest BlackandBrindle

I really like your vet!

Come on Dear, eat something so we can all rest easily tonight. :hope :hope

And Hilda, hugs for you :grouphug

Guest LolasMom

So glad to hear you had such a great visit. What a wonderful vet you have there :nod . More prayers for Dear's appetite and strength to return quickly.

Sweet dreams tonight, Precious one and mom too. :sleepy:beatheart

Guest vahoundlover

Your vet sounds awesome!! Glad you had a good visit. Continued prayers for Dear to heal quickly and that his tummy starts grumbling for food.

:lol I have a feeling my vet has been sleeping at the clinic this week. He's known for doing stuff like that.

Happiness is knowing your vet loves your greyhounds as much as you do. :beatheart:snow:beatheart

Dr. B. :wub::beatheart

Robin - Cordova (Memphis), TN

Argus (BB's Turbo) #86152 Oswald Cobblepot X Hilary Pride

Butler (GoodOleBoyRoy) #92232 Castor Troy X Princess Josie

Bridge Angel Callie (Tom S Macaroon) #87886 Black Streaker X Tom S Megan, April 15, 2000 - November 3, 2012

Dear, you better be eating today, little buddy. Don't make your momma eat all those goodies by herself!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Sending prayers, good thoughts and white light from Gahanna, Ohio. I have a grey going through this too so you have our hearts and love.

Oh no...I hope your pup gets well soon also.

Surprisingly, I've had peaceful sleep. I went to bed last night & watched some Christmas movies and went to sleep about 10. I think I slept all night...I was awakened about 10 minutes before the clock came on...Pipi-Francine can't understand why I get to sleep until 6am now.

I do have the best vet! He is so attentive & so understanding of the human's feelings. He wants only what is best for the pet...and his cost is affordable. He still has not charged me for when Snowy came in the office back in November.

He loves the greyhounds.

Yay! Way to go sweetie! Now hurry home! :grouphug

Edited by patricia

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Thanks for the great update!

Robin - Cordova (Memphis), TN

Argus (BB's Turbo) #86152 Oswald Cobblepot X Hilary Pride

Butler (GoodOleBoyRoy) #92232 Castor Troy X Princess Josie

Bridge Angel Callie (Tom S Macaroon) #87886 Black Streaker X Tom S Megan, April 15, 2000 - November 3, 2012

:banana Very good news indeed :clap

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren