Encouraged By Vet's Findings So Far...

Guest Heehoo

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hannahmom

Dear Dear ( I always wanted to type that :P )

Your Momma told my Momma that you are feeling yucky

I really really hope you feel better soon

When you get home, Gabby ( my Gurlfriend) will give you this message

Gabby, give your Momma a hug from my Momma and give 3 of these to Dear ( the 4th one is for you :blush )

:kiss2 :kiss2 :kiss2 :kiss2

Chinghis

Edited by hannahmom

Dear Update:

I talked to Gerald (my vet) at lunch...he said Dear is eating good & drinking water. He said he did an ultra-sound yesterday & found a mass in front of his bladder. He aspirated it & got pus out of it which made him know it was an absess, there were no tumor cells.

He's got him on large doses of antibiotics for now, until Monday...and he's going to do another ultrasound on him Monday & see if there's been any change. He'll keep him on the antibiotics for a few days, maybe weeks & see if he feels better, then see what the mass is doing...if it doesn't go away & the blood cell count doesn't go down, then he'll do surgery to see what the mass is. So he's not really out of the woods yet, but he is feeling better.

I told him about Dear doing the bowing thing in November, like his back hurt...he hasn't really been peeing that much more than usual. Evidently its not causing a lot of pain, but his fever was high...he had a high 103.5 yesterday and today he's a high 102. He really quit eating about 2 weeks ago...and I told him about him eating the dove, which he said a bone might have punctured something.

Anyway...that's where we are right now. So he's staying for a while. I'm going to call tomorrow & see how he is and I'm not going to visit because visiting makes them think they're going home. Dear is already very vocal at the vets office & Gerald told me Dear has been spending more time laying on the lab floor than in his crate....they spoil him.

Guest paulamariez

Keeping your beloved Dear in my prayers. Sending lots of love and healing white light to your precious sweetheart. I can imagine how horrible it is having your baby away. I go nuts when one of my boys has to go in for a dental and is at the vet for a couple hours! I'm praying this turns out to be something simple with a quick easy fix! My three boys are sending your Dear lots of healing doggie kisses too!

Sending prayers that the antibiotics work quickly and that you can have Dear home soon.

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

I hope Dear rallies this weekend whith all his rest, wonderful care, and lots of meds.

(I have always called DH Dear and he calls me the same, and I love that you have a greyhound named Dear :) )

Edited by VinnieAndRexsMom

vr2a.jpg
Tonya, mom to May, and my angels Vinnie, Rex, Red, Chase, and Jake.

I forgot to say that the vet has him on "injectible antibiotics"...which is why he's keeping him so long...my guess is that he's injecting him several times a day, something I don't know if I couldn't do unless he left the iv in his leg.

Its "funny" but not in a ha ha way...there are 7 hounds here with me, but I miss that 1. He's my nudger...

Edited by Snowy8

:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Keeping up the prayers and hoping he can come home with you soon.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Awww, poor baby. I hope he does good so he can come home, then

you both can relax. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Isn't it odd how quiet it is with even one not there. :(

Sending more prayers for sweet Dear. :hope:candle:hope:candle:hope

Dear, you get better sweetie so mama can relax. :dogcookie

Guest vahoundlover
Hoping the weekend brings rapid improvement and he's home with his mommy soon! :hope:hope:hope

Amen to that!

Make that a double!!