We're Off To Er-update Dec. 5th

Guest Tenderhearts

Don't beat yourself up Devon. Spraying isn't an obvious sign of a urinary problem. Straining and peeing outside the box in tiny amounts - those are the classic symptoms.

Most importantly, he's at the vet in time and the problem is being taken care of, thanks to you.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CindiLuvsGreys

I had the same problem with my male cat. He was fine the night before and that morning (Sunday of course) he was crying and trying to pee. They unblocked him and we changed his diet. 5 years later and no problems. Many prayers on the way for a speedy and easy recovery.

Checking to see how your little beastie is doing, and sending prayers.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

DeVon, I'm sending prayers for your poor "little" guy. That picture of him relaxing in the counter is precious. I hope he'll be feeling much better soon and that he can avoid surgery.

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Checking in for a kitty update.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

Guest Redpack

Been there too. Marble spend last Easter Sunday at the vet....Fortunately, he wasn't blocked all the way and running the catheter through cleared him enough to go home with some pain medication and antibiotics. I would appreciate anyone here mentioning the brand of food they are using for this problem.

Guest CindiLuvsGreys

All 10 of my cats eat Innova Evo. I originally was feeding Iams original and after adopting a Diabetic cat I switched to the Evo. No problems with either food.

Been there too. Marble spend last Easter Sunday at the vet....Fortunately, he wasn't blocked all the way and running the catheter through cleared him enough to go home with some pain medication and antibiotics. I would appreciate anyone here mentioning the brand of food they are using for this problem.

Guest Tenderhearts

Just talked to the vet and he's doing well today, and urinating on his own :)

He's on an IV for fluids, and she would like to keep him till tomorrow just to make sure he continues to urinate okay.

She had just gotten urine for the UA when I called, so she'll run that next. She suspects struvite crystals.

We will be starting him on the C/D food when he comes home.

I have to admit, I really miss the holy terror, the digging in my sugar canister after he knocks the lid off, pawing in the water container for the pets till it sloshes all over the floor, and just generally being a pain in the a$$! :lol

Thank you so much for all the good thoughts and prayers! :grouphug

Another picture of Mr. Riley (far left), with his two fellow black/white feline compadres (Mister Kister-center, Oreo-far right) :)

rileymisteroreo.jpg

Guest Tenderhearts

I'm leaving to pick Riley up in a bit and bring him home! :clap :clap

He does have antibiotics to take, and a bag of the C/D food.

She's applying the $150 website fee to my bill and said she would be glad to work with me on the remaining balance. Thank you Lord for this vet :nod:)

I'll get more specifics when I pick him up as far as what the UA showed.

Captain Pinknose will be home to wreak havoc and terrorize brother Oreo once again! :rofl

Guest beerdogs31

Good luck!! My cat Willis has had this problem as well. It has been controlled by diet and he hasn't had a problem in over a year now. Hope you feel better soon Riley!

Guest Tenderhearts

He's delirious to be home :lol After the initial sniffing by everyone ('Ma, he smells funny :blink: ), he's wandered around, got a big drink, plopped down in the middle of the kitchen, and now has moved over to his favorite spot in front of the ratty boyz cage :)

He has incredibly thick fur, so hopefully his hair will grow back quickly where they shaved for the IV.