Fran's X-rays

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took Fran to the vet this morning for her surgery. :sad1 Since she will already be under they are going to clean her teeth (at least the ones they don't have to pull). Please keep her in your thoughts today, and I will let you know as soon as I get the call that she has come through surgery, and everything is going to be ok. It appears she is going to have to stay with the vet for two days. I don't know how we (especially Vicky!) are going to deal with her being gone that long- but it will be worth it to have her back and healthy when this is all over.

Sorry for the late posting, but I received a call from the vet around 3pm telling us that Fran came out of surgery fine, and she was resting comfortably. I have been running constantly since... I wanted to go by and see her this evening, but I had class- but they said we could pick her up tomorrow morning. Still not sure exactly how they fixed her, I just know she is supposedly fixed!

I hope your baby is back with you soon and eager for treats n' lovin'.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I have Fran here at work with me :wub: ... she is passed out. The vet showed me her new x-rays and what he did. He wired the two pieces of her jaw together with a single wire. He attempted to do a second one, but the root of her canine tooth was too close. She lost three teeth. We go back in 10 days to get the stitches out. She is on soft foods of course, but should be healing quickly. He was telling me the break could have been a lot worse and we were lucky. He also said she was a wonderful patient and they all loved her there, as she shared her snuggly side with them.

She was doing well when I left for work this morning. She was passed out in my bed, under the covers with her head on my pillow- a pretty typical morning. She snuggled all night long- kept each other warm. When I came home from class last night she was wagging her tail like a mad woman. She is definately feeling better.

She has a lot of swelling in her face, and numerous stiches on the bottom of her chin, so we are doing all we can to make sure she isn't bumped (or knock herself). She takes her pills like a champ. I put the antibiotics in some yogurt last night, and she ate around them.... then snarfed up the pills!

Thanks for asking!

PS: forgot to mention, yesterday while she was here at work, my principal came in to see her. Fran was so excited to see her. Her tail was wagging... and she SMILED!!!! It is wonderful to have a great boss who understand the need to protect and spoil our fur babies, but it is even more wonderful to have a boss that the fur babies think are awesome!!

Guest Tenderhearts

Awww, thank you so much for the update! :grouphug :grouphug

Hopefully that swelling will start to go down in the next few days.

That is just so precious she smiled at your boss, and what a wonderful boss! :)

Continuing healing prayers for Miss Fran! :hope :hope :kiss2

Guest guinness_the_greyt

WOW! I hadn't seen this thread (or your other thread!... where have I been! haha) What a bizarre accident!!! :eek

So glad to see she's on the mend!!! Sending lots of healing thoughts for your lil Fran!

I'm so glad she's doing so well. It all sounded so terrible.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren