Fran's X-rays

Here is part of Fran's x-rays- according to the report: fracture at the lower left premolar. The removed a loose fragment of bone (from the premolar). She was sent home with Clindamycin and more Tramadol. The premolar will need to be removed and the mandibular fracture repaired surgically. It appears her incisors are only broken at the tips, and should be ok. She is home now, and laying in bed with me. She is very sensitive to every movement.

underbreak.jpgsidebreak.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeeks! Sending prayers for an easy and successful surgery and quick recovery.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Can it be wired like they do on cats? If so, then it shouldn't be too big of a deal (for some reason, it's a pretty common thing in cats).

Best of luck. It sure looks painful!

Lynn

DH to Fran to our vet today (e-vet said we had to, to get a surgery referral, even if we were to bring her back there for surgery), and he said she is definitely going to need surgery--- ok, I know this by now, schedule it! :headwall I am getting frustrated by this whole thing now, but there is nothing I can do as I am in my finals week at school and I am in major crunch mode. Not to mention I have to actually show up at work occasionally. I know DH has to work as well- my question is- why is it so hard to get someone to set a time and date for a surgery that we all know has to happen!?!?!?!

According to DH: The vet's surgery schedule is booked this entire week, but he might be willing to come in on Friday (his day off). He's is still considering all the best options as to how to repair this. Where the break is located makes it a tough fix. He said it couldn't be wired, and there is not enough foundation to place a plate. DH said they were talking about nuts and bolts and bone graphs... There is a major tooth at the location of the break, with a deep root, so it will difficult to drill there... He is supposed to contact us tomorrow with more definitive plans.

I only saw her for a few minutes before I came in here to start working on another paper... (had to take a break) but she appears to be stable, and is snuggling with DS on the floor while they watch tv. She's been wagging her tale, eating and drinking. She has been a trooper, and for her sake I really don't want this to go on much longer.

Fingers crossed that she can continue comfy till Wednesday -- and especially after. What an ordeal.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.