Fran's X-rays

Being on this end, it was all terrible. It is amazing how resilient these pups can be. I am so glad the worst of this whole ordeal is over, and we can laugh at her acute ETS problem. I keep thinking if we had boarded them while we went away, this wouldn't have happened... had we not gone, this wouldn't have happened... But you know, in the end, accidents happen. If it wasn't this, it might have been something else (like Vicky trying to stick her head in the oven to get closer to the turkey...) Thankfully, it wasn't worse than it was, and the docs could fix her... For that I am thankful.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor baby - only just read original post... what nasty injury! So glad to hear she's on the mend though... good luck on Dec10th, will be keeping Fran in my thoughts!! :goodluck :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

• 2 weeks later...

Update on Fran--- DH took her to get her stitches out, and vet said she is doing well. She is just now acting like she is in any pain- the day she had her stitches out Vicky bumped her chin and she yelped like she had been killed. She has licked a spot raw on her leg- vet said this is probably residual pain. So, she is back on low dose of pain meds and we are trying to keep that spot covered, but the vet wrap keeps falling down- we don't have jimjams that cover the spot completely and the sock I put on her when we went to bed managed to come off in the night. But, she is currently roaching next to me... with ETS (of course, no camera.) :wub:

what a tropper Fran is. I am sure it will be sore for a while. I know when Sammy broke his leg in 3 places he would scream when someone bumped him even after the Orthopedist had given him clearance to resume normal activity. The vet said although it could still be sore, some is just the traumatic experience of the whole ordeal. Wishing Fran and your entire family Happy Holidays. I love the ETS!!!

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge