Positive Thoughts For Chevy Please

Guest multiplicity

Guest multiplicity

Hi. I know I haven't really been around here lately but I need to talk this out and I know you guys will understand how I am feeling...

Chevy is in an intensive care unit right now and I am so worried I can hardly stand it.

Chevy started vomiting Friday afternoon but otherwise seemed perky and happy. By bedtime Friday night he had only puked twice and seemed ok otherwise. There was a squeaky plastic in one of the pukes. Saturday morning we woke up to 5 piles of vomit and a very lethargic grey. While we were waiting to go to our 11:00am vet appointment he was drank lots of water but just throwing it right back up within 5 minutes. Once more there was some more squeaky plastic .Unfortunately our regular vet was not in so we had this other vet that did NOT impress me!!! He really did not seem to know what he was doing and after 2 hours of waiting and cleaning puke he referred us to the Animal Hospital in the next city which is part of the Ontario Veterinary College. On our way there Chevy was pacing in the back of the jeep and let out the biggest grossest projectile puke and then started screaming the greyhound scream of death - so scary!!! More squeaky plastic. Upon arrival they immediately took Chevy from us and put him on IV in intensive care where he is still today. The x-rays showed an enlarged stomach and one showed possible twisting of the stomach but later was ruled out. He stopped vomiting once he was on IV (and after the horrible episode in the jeep) so they vets think that maybe if his stomach started to twist that he may have corrected it himself with that horrible puke in the jeep.

The hospital tried giving him water last night after a good afternoon but he just threw it back up. They want to try again today with water and maybe food. If things do not improve they will do an ultrasound tomorrow with possible surgery depending on the findings. At this point they are wondering if his esophagus is enlarged.

I am wondering why they are not just assuming there is still a foreign body causing a blockage!? There's evidence that he ate something he is not suppose to so why are they not pursuing that? I feel like all this "wait and see" business is not helping him. The vets assure me he is happy and comfortable right now but it is soooo hard to just accept that and be patient and happy.

I am sure many of you are thinking "Why are you letting him eat his stuffie squeakies?" but it is a little more complicated than that. We have my SIL and her 2 dogs living with us temporarily (actually they are moving out this weekend) and her dogs are disobedient and destructive. Theses dogs are shredding everything in site (stuffies, shoes, clothes, paper etc.) and the SIL doesn't discipline them and even if DH and I try to discipline the dogs do not listen or react. Let me tell you this experience (SIL and her dogs) is a whole other thread!!!

Anyhoo, thanks for listening and please send my boy positive thoughts...I am worried sick! sad.gif

Edited by multiplicity

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear... Sounds very serious. :( Sending lots of prayers and light to your boy, for a full recovery. :hope:candle And many hugs to you. You must be worried sick. :bighug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Sending our many prayers. Please keep us posted. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Lots of prayers coming Chevy's way.

My Babette ate the plastic squeaky out of one of her stuffie toys and we went through the same thing, piles of the big "D" several episodes of vomiting. She had to spend the night at the vet's on IV's and then came home to us the next day. She's fine now and I pray the same for you and Chevy.

I have "de" squeaked all of our toys now, but I suspect from your post that Chevy's not the problem. I'm glad you and your DH will have your house back and hopefully Chevy will be home with you soon.

blackgreys5.jpg

, Phoenix, Okie, Casey, and Ellie the Galga; with Aggie, Alexa, Bear,Cody, Gianni V., Missy B, Babette, Bernice, and BooBoo at the Bridge

Oh, you and Greg must be so worried about Chevy. Hopefully it's nothing serious and he will get well on his own. Sending good thoughts and cyberhugs for a speedy recovery.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I'm sending you and Chevy healing thoughts. Keep us posted.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest snowberry

On the plus side, he's in a place where they can run an IV line if he becomes dehydrated. Ultrasound *should* pick up how much plastic there still is inside him and where it is. Sending prayers :getwell:hope

Guest GiJenn51

Don't be afraid to ask LOTS of questions. Wait and see doesn't always work. Have they done follow up xrays? Have they done an ultrasound? Have they even suggested it?

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear about this. I'd probably ask for an unltrasound anyway. I'm glad he's better for the moment but I'd have a hard time waiting and seeing too. Good luck.

Edited by suzye

Guest multiplicity

The vet just called...Chevy has taken a turn for the worst and his bloat is worsening. A surgeon has been called in to do an emergency surgery on Chevy within the hour.

I am so worried :cry1

Please, please send positive thoughts and energy his way.

The vet just called...Chevy has taken a turn for the worst and his bloat is worsening. A surgeon has been called in to do an emergency surgery on Chevy within the hour.

I am so worried :cry1

Please, please send positive thoughts and energy his way.

Massive prayers and bright white light coming for Chevy. Please let us know as soon as you can what they find in surgery. :grouphug Come on Chevy~feel the love and positive energy coming your way sweetheart. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Many thoughts and prayers coming Chevy's way!! Also many prayers for the surgeon as he/she works on your boy.

Fight hard Chevy - let your family get some good news soon.