Brody Could Use Some Positive Thoughts

Guest BoomerMom

Guest twilliams

OMG. Poor, poor baby. I'll definitely include him in my prayers. How could a shelter not consider this guy a case of dire need. It is sickening how animals are treated. Bless you for taking care of him. Keep us posted.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that picture is priceless, love and no more worries for Brody. It is like he has a look of happiness with relief. I know he is going to be one we all continue to follow for a long time.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

That smile on his face is priceless...he knows he's safe now and will be taken care of and loved.

Thank you for all your hard work with this young man!

blackgreys5.jpg

, Phoenix, Okie, Casey, and Ellie the Galga; with Aggie, Alexa, Bear,Cody, Gianni V., Missy B, Babette, Bernice, and BooBoo at the Bridge

I keep looking at Brody's last picture. There's so much hope in his eyes. God bless him. I'm saying prayers for him.

Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

Guest BoomerMom

I took Brody back to PPAH at noon today to look at his skin and the wounds from his scratching. We have changed him over to a prescription anti-itch medication and are hoping that it will help. No one knows yet exactly what his problem is, but we are continuing with antibiotics etc.

He is still eating well and poop is reasonably firm - what else can you ask for at this point? :)

Thanks again for all of the support.

Kelly

Guest dogrunner04

What a beautiful guy he is. I am glad he has ended up smewhere to get the care he needs and the love he deserves. He will be in my thoughts.

Guest Winterwish

I hope the new medication helps a whole lot. He's beautiful! :heart Hopefully with such a nutritional diet,it'll help his skin too. Thanks for the update- and the pictures! :wub:

Guest VaGreymom

Just checking on his progress. He has touched all of our hearts and I can't stop thinking about how he is doing. Continued prayers and positive thoughts.

Guest BoomerMom

Brody didn't eat all of his breakfast this morning. I don't know if it was because there wasn't enough Maxi-Cal in it or if he just doesn't feel like eating. I'll see if he is interested in roasted chicken when I go home at lunch. I seriously doubt a hound in his condition is going to start being picky about food.

We still don't know what is wrong with his skin. He doesn't have mange so the vet is thinking it is fungal. Those test results won't be back for a couple more days. I don't know how much the new meds are helping. He is still scratching a lot and drawing blood. One of the things that is so frustrating is that he is just one big scab and there really isn't a place on his body that can be petted. I really just want to cuddle up with him but I don't want to hurt him any more.

I can't wait until I get clearance to give him another bath. Dr. Soileau is concerned that his skin is just too fragile to handle being washed. She also suspects that he has Cutaneous Larval Migrans - a condition that develops from parasites (hookworms) when an animal is kept in constant filth and feces. Sometimes I really hate people.....

Please keep your fingers crossed that the antibiotics kick in pretty soon and that there is a solution for his skin. Brody is such a sweetheart and he really deserves a better life than the one he has had.

Hug your hounds,

Kelly

:hope Brody :hope

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest BoomerMom
Sending prayers. What about frozen BilJac?

Excellent idea! I was thinking about fat balls this morning, but don't know if his system could handle them. What do you think?

I am not a fan of fat balls--no way I would use them. The stress on the pancreas could be too much.

Have you given him anything for his stomach? Could be eating has thrown him for a loop. I don't like to interfere with acid production unless necessary. Actually, carafate is the best thing.

I'd go with frozen BilJac. If needed, you can mix canned in with it or boiled turkey or boiled hamburger :)

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Guest gonewtthewind1

Are you going to keep Brody? In that last picture he looks so happy to be there at your place. Thanks for taking care of him!!

Becky