Patience

Guest toni

I dont know what to say really. A few of you might remember the post about Patience and her arthritis. Well after finding out she had injured her shoulder my husband and I had been nursing her for the last 2 weeks. The injury was not getting better. infact it seemed worse. The swelling was not going down. We went back to the vet and he said we needed to do some x-rays. There wasnt an injury nor was her arthritis bad in the front shoulder. Instead there was a tumor. It was quite large and seemed to be growing rapidly. He told us a few different options for treatment but them told us with her age and her health that he thought it would only give us a few more months and they would be hard on her. He was crying as well he has been her vet for 12 years and loves her dearly. Even though it killed us we decided that it was selfish to do that to her. We let her go that afternoon. Her daddy was holding her and I was holding her daddy. Even with our 2 boys the house feels so empty without her. She and my husband were together for 12 years. I never knew Daniel without Patience. I know she is better off in Heaven and that she is with her mate Perm again but I miss her terribly. I keep trying to go in the room to check on her but she isnt there. I have posted a ton of pics on my blog and just dont have the energy to repost them here. you can see them on the BLOG.

She was an amazing girl. There will never be another like her!

Pups26.jpg

Pups16.jpg

Pups13.jpg

IMG_0946.jpg

IMG_6651.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so very sorry. She reminds me so much of my old girl Simon, who just went to the Bridge at the end of July. I know how it hurts. Remember the happiness she had living with you. :grouphug

I am so sorry. Patience & your pictures are very beautiful. f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest bowiebears

I am so sorry to hear this.

Even when expected, a loss like this is hard to bear.

My sympathy, prayers and thoughts are with you in this difficult time.

One day we will all be reunited at The Bridge.

--Isaac

I'm so very sorry. Thank you for sharing your blog and the pictures of you girl. What a bright and beautiful girl. :grouphug

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

I am so sorry for your loss. Sweet Patience is at peace, pain free and running once again with the wind.

I do hate cancer. It is the thief who robs us, everyday, of those we love.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I"m so very sorry. :cry1:bighug What a sudden and unexpected loss of your beautiful girlie. May you find comfort in the thought that she's now pain free, running like the wind with all of her new Bridge pals, and will live on forever in your hearts. Godspeed, Patience... :gh_run

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I'm so sorry. :cry1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I'm so very sorry. Patience was a beautiful girl and was so lucky to have been so loved. Between your sweet post and the gorgeous pictures, there's no doubt in my mind that she knew she was loved.

Hugs to both you and your husband. :bighugf_yellow:bighug

Chris, with Bixby (aka Clive Bixby, fka Taplin's Bull) and the feline buggle brothers, Oliver and Salem.

Kelsey (Watch the Kick), forever in my heart.