Darcy Deerhound

Bevd

She looks really good and in good spirits too. It should get easier as each day passes too. Hugs and kisses to your beautiful brave Darcy!

Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If only I enjoyed adult beverages, now would be a good time to have a few :lol

She looks wonderful. I especially enjoyed the clip of her grazing. :wub: As another one who doesn't care for adult beverages, I highly recommend some dark chocolate, a mug of tea and a long bubble bath. Please take care of yourselves too. :grouphug

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

Guest grey_dreams

Oh Darcy you are such a love and such a brave girl! :kiss2 She looks great Bev, I am absolutely amazed at how well she is walking in the video! You are doing such a fantastic job with her! She looks very much loved and happy too considering everything she's been through in these few days. :wub: Sending more good thoughts your way for the lab results. :hope

Oh sweetie! You are doing so well and you look SOOOOOOOOOOO beautiful! I thought that was so precious how she walked to the car...going bye bye? :grouphug Isn't it so...what a difference a day makes?

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Just checking in for my daily Darcy update. I got to watch her video and, I must admit, I got a bit teary :blush These dogs never cease to amaze me with their resilience. I hope things continue to go well for you all. :)

Jenn, missing Shadow (Wickford Big Tom), Pretty Girl (C's Pretty) and Tori (Santoria)

That was coming back from bye bye Patti :D

And yes, a day makes a very big difference! You should see the bruising today - or rather lack of it. I'll try to get a pic later.

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Darcy :wub:

It's very strange to see myself on another forum :lol:lol

Everyone - this is Darcy's Aunty Nicki (who has posted an intro in te intro forum but it doesn't seem to have appeared yet) :unsure

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Everyone - this is Darcy's Aunty Nicki (who has posted an intro in te intro forum but it doesn't seem to have appeared yet) :unsure

Aunty Nicki, we're anxious to know -- are Marc's slippers really that nasty? :lol

Edited by Lori

Guest Nickijm

Aunty Nicki, we're anxious to know -- are Marc's slippers really that nasty? :lol

I wouldn't like to say....................... :lol:lol

Guest Tenderhearts

I wouldn't like to say....................... :lol:lol

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Hi Aunty Nicki, and welcome to GT! :wave :wave

I have video and pics from todays Walk. Come back and seeeeeeeee soon :)

Guest Tenderhearts
That was 2 hours ago! And nothing! I say nothing!!! ackkkkkkkkkkk

As Donald Trump would say 'Sheeeeee's FIRED'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :POed:lol :lol :lol :lol

Edited to add: As if poor Bev has nothing else to do besides entertain us who obviously need more to do since we're glued to the monitor and GT :rofl

Edited by Tenderhearts

Sorry for the delay! I needed to wait for Marc to do the video's because it's toooo technical for meeeee. I can do pics but that's it :lol

So, today is day 6 post amp.

I can't say that today has been fantastic, not has it been terrible. It's just....been.

I have to say though that today as I watched her laying on her side, awake but just doing nothing at all, I did wonder whether we'd made the right choice. I hope she gets some time after her recovery where she can run and play and feel happy again. I'd hate to have put her through all this and for all her remaining times to be like they are at the moment.

There was one good moment during the middle of the day when she got up to get her share of pork sandwich from Marc, but the hassle of getting up, standing up and going to Marc meant that she didn't have any energy/co-ordination to actually eat the titbit when she stood there so she went back to bed and Marc gave it to her there. The video clip IS HERE. (I like this clip because it shows how the other dogs are behaving around her)

She had a couple of garden visits (initiated by us) and then this afternoon, we made her go for a walk, as per yesterdays routine.

First, some piccies of her on her walk. But once again, no walking took place during the pics :rolleyes:

576da49f99b5f34fdf99a96bc454c723.jpg

d3ec60be5055306e8f8d7d27aa2529c8.jpg

8368285fc07cfd0a55298e977e3245ff.jpg

1bd87b384e4c528a7578c378129e1d98.jpg

0d964832265db9daf489f88d06b5acec.jpg

Hopefully, you'll be able to see just how little bruising is left now. It's amazing!

And then there is the video clip. I have to say that the funniest bit is of Marc, towards the end :rolleyes:CLICK HERE FOR CLIP

Edited by Bevd

Guest Tenderhearts

Oh Darcy, you precious hairy girl! :wub: :wub:

Bev, I've had no experience with amputees in my house, but I can't help think that surely they have good and bad days like humans do, especially early on. This is such a huge adjustment for her, and I can't help but believe she's going to perk up more as she heals up and adjusts to being a tripod. :)

Continuing prayers for my favorite hairy girl (Darcy, not you, Bev, although you're in my prayers too :lol ) :hope :hope :hope

Just catching back up. Darcy looks great! I'm really hearing your doubts about whether this was the right choice. Go back to the pics of her first walk! She's smiling! It's only been a week - less! She's doing so well already. Steady on! :bighug :bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Darcy, you are so beautiful and so brave. I hope I get the chance to kiss your fuzzy nose. :love2

Bev, I have to say, you and Marc and very brave also. :grouphug

Sending more prayers for Darcy. :hope

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg