Darcy Deerhound

Bevd

No further news from the 7pm call. She's still comfy etc etc and of course we'll be happy if the news stays like that.

Will be phoning the vet nurse at 10.45pm so will update after that.

We're busy making plans for changing furniture round in the living room to make space for a 'recovery bay' for her royal fuzziness when she comes home.

(OMG - when she comes home What's that going to be like...)

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tons of white light coming from PA for Darcy and hope and prayers for a swift recovery.

Bodie just had his amputation for osteo in August. Get lots of rest now before Darcy comes home. The first two weeks are the worst and there will be times during the night when she needs you so you won't get much sleep. But it DOES get better and before you know it, Darcy will be running and playing again.

Lots of prayers for sweet Darcy and for you and Marc :grouphug

Edited by Jackandgrey

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

:hope My thoughts and prayers to Darcy and the family. This is such a rotten disease!!!! I know the worry that you feel but keep in mind that they do very well on 3 legs - 1 of my girls couldn't use her front left leg. We'll be thinking of you. :hope:hope:grouphug

2013-Beach-2.jpg

Mimi- mom to Burdette (KB's Burdette), Sophie (LL's Stupid Is) and bridge babies Kelsey (Kelso's Logo), Sterling (Cold B Tiger), Fritz, Tasha, Chloe and Molly

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear about Darcy--sending gentle hugs.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Guest darlene

Oh Bev, thank God the surgery went well. :grouphug We're sending lots of prayers for your beautiful Darcy, :wub: and we'll be watching for your update after 10:45. :hope:hope:hope:hope:hope:candle:candle:candle

Guest greymomx2

Many prayers and healing thoughts being sent Darcy's way. Many hugs and comforting vibes being sent you and Mark's way (and the entire Doyle clan).

:grouphug Darcy :grouphug

Glad to hear the surgery went well. We will continue to send lots of prayers Darcy's way.

Jennifer

Cleo (Golddust Cadilac 83484 Blazing Desire X Greys Blu Fox)

Cole (Hallo Jeremy 88778 My Rooster X Bahama Tango)

Athena (R and a Peach 93839 Coldwater Guv X R and a Lady)

user posted image

So glad that the surgery went well. Lacers says: Comez on Darceeeeee...wee haf to kickz canxers a$$! :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest Tenderhearts
So glad that the surgery went well. Lacers says: Comez on Darceeeeee...wee haf to kickz canxers a$$! :grouphug

:lol :lol :lol :lol

I just love Miss Lacer's spunk! Good advice! :kiss2:grouphug

I've been chatting on the phone to the vet nurse (not on the emergency number of course!) for the past 40 minutes. She went to check on Darcy earlier and found her tail doing it's wagging-at-the-tip thing :) She offered Darcy a teaspoon of food....but Darcy decided that she didn't want that and instead wanted what was in the tin itself :o So the nurse gave her various small amounts of food on a plate and in the end she had about three quarters of a tin (Darcy would have eaten more but of course she wasn't allowed to!). Apparently, Darcy wanted some tummy tickles ( :o ) and at one point, was making as if to try to sit upright :o She's not required any morphine (she has had other pain killers obviously but no morphine required :o ). And, off the record, it seems that Darcy may come home tomorrow :o

So. My face was generally like this :o for the whole 40 minutes :rolleyes::lol

I'm going to phone the vets at about 10am tomorrow and arrange the plan for the rest of the day.

Thanks again for all your good wishes. So far, they seem to be doing the trick.

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest MountainHounds

I'm late seeing this and I'm glad to hear that the surgery went well. Sending gentle healing hugs her way and extra hugs for you and Marc

Guest hannahmom
I've been chatting on the phone to the vet nurse (not on the emergency number of course!) for the past 40 minutes. She went to check on Darcy earlier and found her tail doing it's wagging-at-the-tip thing :) She offered Darcy a teaspoon of food....but Darcy decided that she didn't want that and instead wanted what was in the tin itself :o So the nurse gave her various small amounts of food on a plate and in the end she had about three quarters of a tin (Darcy would have eaten more but of course she wasn't allowed to!). Apparently, Darcy wanted some tummy tickles ( :o ) and at one point, was making as if to try to sit upright :o She's not required any morphine (she has had other pain killers obviously but no morphine required :o ). And, off the record, it seems that Darcy may come home tomorrow :o

So. My face was generally like this :o for the whole 40 minutes :rolleyes::lol

I'm going to phone the vets at about 10am tomorrow and arrange the plan for the rest of the day.

Thanks again for all your good wishes. So far, they seem to be doing the trick.

Darcy sweetie, you rest up so that you can come home tommorrow.

Bev, that's fantastic news :yay

Guest Tenderhearts

Whilst reading your latest update, my face was like this too! :o :o :o :o :o

Please get some rest, and I'll be looking for more updates as they roll in! :grouphug

Guest vahoundlover
Whilst reading your latest update, my face was like this too! :o:o:o:o:o

Please get some rest, and I'll be looking for more updates as they roll in! :grouphug

Me too!

So glad to hear that she is doing so well after the surgery. I will continue to pray she has a speedy recovery.

Lynn mom to:Roper(Roper is Here),Josie the Australian Cattle Dog mix, Lacey the Corgi mix, Allie the cat and 2 skin kids and at the bridge Bailey (AA's Bailey), Snickers(Jax Snickers) , Sabrina the Collie and Sadie the Border Collie mix.