Secret Santa 2007

Trudy

1) Can I BE a SS without being a recipient? I have 3 cats and I'm afraid people would be bummed to buy for 3 cats (plus there's *nothing* they're lacking for :lol)

You can be a backup. Though it doesn't mean you will be called upon if everybody follows through with their commitment.

2) If you enter, say, 3 pets separately, do you also become the SS for three other pets? I mean, do you buy for as many pets as you enter from your own household?

No, you send as many packages as you sign up for. You may have 10 pets you entered one time total. You may only get a person that entered one pet.

System doesn't match based on number of pets.

When does the matching start?

The programmer should be tweaking some code tonight if he gets a chance, so maybe Thursday or Friday. Depends on when he has time to work on it.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest greymomx2
Also........let's say I'm NOT so-and-so's SS, but want to buy them/their hound/other animal a gift. Is there a way I can look at their pet's wish list? (probably not but thought I'd ask!)

Could I use an evil elf even if I'm not the official SS for that person?

You can't see other's wish lists.

I won't be sharing addresses with anybody, so unless you already have an address for somebody or want to have somebody else ask if it is ok for "somebody" to have it...

If you have the address or means to the address - then I'm fine with you asking for people to snoop.

And just and FYI... not everybody will ask for evil elf assistance - so if you are not contacted, it does not mean you were forgotten, just means somebody already has an idea of what to get.

NEVER MIND! I FINALLY SAW THE WORD "EVENTS" UNDER THE GREYTALK BANNER...HEY, THAT IS SOME TINY FREAKING PRINT!

I don't generally think of myself as a stooopid person, but I cannot figure out how or where to sign up for this!

I feel like a moron...

If anyone reads this, please let me know!

: ^ )

Thanks!

Edited by JumpingGeorge

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Guest ShelbyzMom
I don't generally think of myself as a stooopid person, but I cannot figure out how or where to sign up for this!

at the top of the screen, click EVENTS ;)

I feel like a moron...

If anyone reads this, please let me know!

: ^ )

Thanks!

Took me about 30mins to figure it out! I emailed Trudy then emailed her back..... I got it. Gosh... now we both don't have to feel so goofy (or maybe I still do since I'll be in FL Disney in a couple of days??) :unsure:blink:

Tina dogmom to Rocket and Angels Cofax (my girl) 5/9/01-7/1/10(OS), ReRun (my boy)(4/18/95-4/19/07 Heart tumor)) Dedicating my life as much as I could - to keeping the smile alive of my Lambie Pie - lost 12/04 to Rocky Mtn Spotted Fever.... & then there's the hubby - Bob

.... http://www.freewebs.com/3nofleas/ .

I signed up for 3 individual secret santas -- one for each of my hounds.

I'm anxious to shop.

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

Guest greytfulhounds

I have never done SS before either........if I sign up and I get someone that signed up under one ticket for 5 dogs does that mean 1 $20.00 gift for the 5 dogs to share or does that mean 5 $20.00 gifts?

Thanks!

Okay, we are in. I entered Zuri and Neyla together since funds are tight this year and this is our first time around. I'm sure once we figure out the madness, we'll be up for separate entries next year. I hope I can live up to their expectations and work out the evil elf business so they give appropriate gifts! :colgate

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest needlenoselover

I think if you enter 1-10 dogs on one ticket, it's one $20 gift. Not $20 for each dog on the ticket. Burpdog has 1 lb of biscuits for $20 including shipping! Everyone LOVES biscuits!!!

Guest greyhound_mommy

Don't feel dumb, my first year I had to PM Trudy also. I couldn't figure out hwo to sign up. For almost a year I didn't know there was even an events section lol.

each entry is for a $20 gift, no matter if that entry has 1 pet listed or 100 pets. Each entry is $20. If people would like a gift for each pet, they would need to enter once per pet.

Doing so, the person sending would only have a single name on their information. If you receive info on a single entry with multiple pets listed, they are all sharing the $20 gift.

One bug fix has just come in, and I uploaded it. Once we get the fix for the matching algorithm, I will upload that and we can begin matching.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

We are signed up and we are sooo EXCITED!!!!! This is our first year, cant wait to get our names!

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

I'm going to stress here what I stressed on my entry forms (2 of). I have 11 dogs and have signed half on one ticket and half on the other. I do not expect whoever gets me to spend any more than the normal $20 limit. Whatever is in the box when it arrives will be gratefully shared by all my dogs so if you get me, please don't be stressed about it!

(Gawd - I hope getting me doesn't ruin some nice persons Xmas) :blink::blush

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest greyhound1
I'm going to stress here what I stressed on my entry forms (2 of). I have 11 dogs and have signed half on one ticket and half on the other. I do not expect whoever gets me to spend any more than the normal $20 limit. Whatever is in the box when it arrives will be gratefully shared by all my dogs so if you get me, please don't be stressed about it!

(Gawd - I hope getting me doesn't ruin some nice persons Xmas) :blink::blush

Don't stress! I don't mind 1 dog or a ticket for 5 dogs! It will be so much fun! :)

Since we moved to this system, there haven't been emails being sent out for receipt of entry. The emails were when we did it through the ticket system and I did it all by hand.

The bug being worked out is that you can receive the same name twice during matching - we don't want that.

I'm all signed up and can't wait!

Shelby - Hyuall 8 yrs old (Coldwater Guv x Coldwater Mesa) Litter #97183

Major - Rapido Ramrod 7 yrs old (Iruska Excalibur x Kacy Marque) Litter #18841

Sadie - Hank's Erin 3 years old (Hallo West Acre x Noble Storm) Litter# 40759

Sgt Bilko - Our 13 yr old Rhodesian Ridgeback mix - Running at the bridge Kurri, Kassidy and Dove

kurri7.jpg