Secret Santa 2007

Trudy

Thanks, Trudy, for starting this so early. It gives us more time to shop to pick out special items instead of doing it last minute...

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When we send packages, should we send where they sign for them? Or where they just leave them?

This year will be my first time participating in Secret Santa. I generally send packages via USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation. IMO, requiring a signature for a package worth $20 or less a bit excessive. I'm generally not home when the mail is delivered. If a signature is required, I'd have to arrange to pick-up at the Post Office - big hassle. JMHO

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

Do most people with multiple dogs sign them up as one "package" or enter them separately? I'm assuming the idea is that if you enter them together, then the total value of all gifts is still $20 even though people have said that many people go over???

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest savvyprchick
Do most people with multiple dogs sign them up as one "package" or enter them separately? I'm assuming the idea is that if you enter them together, then the total value of all gifts is still $20 even though people have said that many people go over???

I entered Chase and Lu separately, but if I had multiple hounds, I'd probably group them in 2's :lol

Guest kgildea

This will be our 1st year for SS, too. Just entered all 3 of my pups separately.

Oh man, oh man! I haven't recovered from the damage done at Dewey (it's all Alisha's fault :neener ). Nevertheless, I can't wait to start shopping again!!! :lol:

:bounce1

When we send packages, should we send where they sign for them? Or where they just leave them?

That's entirely up to you, but I do highly suggest insurance on your package

Depends. Some do one entry per dog and others do multiple dogs per entry.

Often times when I participate in exchanges, I put Jet and Ryan together. The package to them is a total of $20 to be shared by them

I entered Chase and Lu separately, but if I had multiple hounds, I'd probably group them in 2's :lol

I entered mine in pairs. I was afraid of giving someone a heart attack if I put all 10 together. :lol

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest greyhound_mommy

That's entirely up to you, but I do highly suggest insurance on your package

Depends. Some do one entry per dog and others do multiple dogs per entry.

Often times when I participate in exchanges, I put Jet and Ryan together. The package to them is a total of $20 to be shared by them

Check with UPS and DHL ect most of them have insurance up to $100.00 already. This is the first year I've done both dogs seperate. Grant it, Sam is a min. schnauzer I hope that doesn't upset anyone that they didn't get a greyhound. I did put that Sam would share with Halle though.

Guest greymomx2

1) Can I BE a SS without being a recipient? I have 3 cats and I'm afraid people would be bummed to buy for 3 cats (plus there's *nothing* they're lacking for :lol)

2) If you enter, say, 3 pets separately, do you also become the SS for three other pets? I mean, do you buy for as many pets as you enter from your own household?

Guest greymomx2

Also........let's say I'm NOT so-and-so's SS, but want to buy them/their hound/other animal a gift. Is there a way I can look at their pet's wish list? (probably not but thought I'd ask!)

Could I use an evil elf even if I'm not the official SS for that person?