Secret Santa 2007

Trudy

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE(Shirley44 @ Oct 14 2007, 07:11 PM)

I think I need some explanations.. I'm not sure how this really works..

Could someone help please, I would like to sign up.

The BEST part of Secret Santa is you get to spoil someone else's hound :wub: - I also like to stick in a present or two for their owner. Things can be store bought, hand crafted -or- the Greytalkers here in the Pet Merchandise section can keep a secret & mail them out for you. {Many of them run Secret Santa Specials, too :xmas } There is a package suggested $20.00 value, but many people end up going way over this ... LOL!! It's hard to not get a bit carried away when it comes to spoiling a Greyhound!

The package you send out can be filled with collars, treats, jammies, hoodies, books, stuffies, just about anything you would like to send to spoil a hound (or other pets) & their owners. I have always been floored at all the wonderful things that my hounds (& I) have received from their Secret Santas. (I still am in awe at the mosiac collar box that Rainy received last year that was handcrafted just for her!).

When you sign your Pup up, there is a comments section. This is the place you can note your hounds' sizes (for collars, jammies and the such) - and note if there is anything you don't want to receive (like no rawhide chewies) - or if you don't like purple collars on your hound ... etc. This helps your Secret Santa buy things that you and your hound like and can use.

You register under the EVENTS tab at the top of the page - there you'll also find instructions and :rules

If you have any more questions, just post them here and I'm sure they will be answered promptly by someone.

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

Guest Mommy2Gideon
You need to have 50 posts to be able to join in this SS fun. If you aren't there yet, start posting in the greyhound forums and you'll soon find you have enough posts to join. You either need to be a 'member' or 'supporter' to play in these reindeer games :)

As for what is this.

Kind of like what was described. You enter a pet (or multiple pets on one entry) into the system. However many times you enter, is how many packages you will need to send. You sign up 4 times, you receive 4 different names to shop for. You will shop for the names included on the match you receive (once I do the matches) - that may be 1 dog or it may be 2 dogs, 4 cats, and a horse. The package you send contains a gift(s) that value at $20 - plus the cost to ship it (so overseas shipping will be more costly). some people decide to break that "package" up over several gifts sent at multiple times... but the gift limit is still $20. You are welcome to spend more, but you are NOT obligated to. You are only obligated to send something for that $20 gift limit.

If you have 3 dogs, you can sign up once per dog or all 3 dogs on one ticket or split them how ever you desire. Entirely up to you. What it boils down to is you send out the same number of $20 gifts as the number of times you sign up. I'll be making matches likely 2 times this week... during the week and this weekend so that those wishing to ship overseas can get a gift packaged up and sent before November 1.

If that is clear as mud... as for clarification on the parts needed :)

Well I don't have a red nose nor is my name Rudolph, so I guess I better get busy posting! Thanks for the info.

Edited by Mommy2Gideon

You need to have 50 posts to be able to join in this SS fun. If you aren't there yet, start posting in the greyhound forums and you'll soon find you have enough posts to join. You either need to be a 'member' or 'supporter' to play in these reindeer games :)

As for what is this.

Kind of like what was described. You enter a pet (or multiple pets on one entry) into the system. However many times you enter, is how many packages you will need to send. You sign up 4 times, you receive 4 different names to shop for. You will shop for the names included on the match you receive (once I do the matches) - that may be 1 dog or it may be 2 dogs, 4 cats, and a horse. The package you send contains a gift(s) that value at $20 - plus the cost to ship it (so overseas shipping will be more costly). some people decide to break that "package" up over several gifts sent at multiple times... but the gift limit is still $20. You are welcome to spend more, but you are NOT obligated to. You are only obligated to send something for that $20 gift limit.

If you have 3 dogs, you can sign up once per dog or all 3 dogs on one ticket or split them how ever you desire. Entirely up to you. What it boils down to is you send out the same number of $20 gifts as the number of times you sign up. I'll be making matches likely 2 times this week... during the week and this weekend so that those wishing to ship overseas can get a gift packaged up and sent before November 1.

If that is clear as mud... as for clarification on the parts needed :)

I didn't get that. Can you explain it again? ;)

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

All signed up! Don't worry, I didn't sign all 10 up at once! I put in 5 tickets so there will be 2 dogs on each ticket. I was afraid to put all 10 on one and give some poor soul a heart attack! :rofl :rofl :rofl

You're a kind soul :)

I'm not :lol But I'm only going to give someone a few palpitations because I've sent in 2 tickets - one for 5 and one for 6 dawgs :lol (But I did the same last year and nobody fainted) :lol

Edited for typo

Edited by Bevd

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Our first time doing this..... we signed up!

One question...... are you told if it's a boy or girl pup ??? Age???? That might help in picking a gift.

Tina dogmom to Rocket and Angels Cofax (my girl) 5/9/01-7/1/10(OS), ReRun (my boy)(4/18/95-4/19/07 Heart tumor)) Dedicating my life as much as I could - to keeping the smile alive of my Lambie Pie - lost 12/04 to Rocky Mtn Spotted Fever.... & then there's the hubby - Bob

.... http://www.freewebs.com/3nofleas/ .

Guest greybookends

One question...... are you told if it's a boy or girl pup ??? Age???? That might help in picking a gift.

Part of the fun of SS is finding an evil elf or SS spy to contact your recipient on your behalf to find out all of the little snippets of info you want, so you can go shopping. Some people also just use search to review old posts and some people just go shopping and buy things they think any one would be happy to receive. Everyone's different and that is part of the fun.

Signed up .. Thanks for all the infos.. Can't wait to start the gift..

Have a great week everyone

Shirley

siggy%201.jpg

Miles October 4 2002-Novembre 19 2013 Mommy loves you big boy

Tatum December 1 2004-January 23 2015 Love you Miss SiSi Bums

Rowdy October 26 2001 -November 5 2015 Miss you Bébé Lou

That info can be put in the comments section.

If someone doesn't do that and you need to know, and can't find out from previous posts, you can ask another GT'er your friendly with to ask on your behalf.

Willow( Hi Tech Popandgo ) CGC #31965 Calico Salad x MayPop 8-9-93/9-24-07 Austin( Nodak Austin ) #55202 Chrisse's Twelve x Lotsa Liz 2-25-96/2-15-05 Matt( Kelsos Metaphor ) #90695 Oswald Cobblepot x Kelso's Movita 8-10-00/2-28-14 Buddy (Aljo Class Act) #78137 Action By Design x Miss Classy 12-8-98/8-29-09 Sonny (Onaim Excalibur)#97927 Flying Train x Rough Diamond 9-7-01/1-9-2016Hunter (SS Snow Roll) #35135 Craigie Whistler x Lightning Snow 10-4-2005/9-23-17 Leo (Yolo Empleo)#72060 4-13-18 Fiesta Paraguas x Mega Bien Hecho

Guest savvyprchick

Wooo-hooooo! I signed up for the first time as this is the first year I can afford it! I'm so excited! Oh, and by the way, I would love to be an :devil elf :xmas

well.... now that Cofax knows how to shop and has her own purse (not her own charge card - yet!) ..... I'll have to take her shopping with me for her suggestions!

Tina dogmom to Rocket and Angels Cofax (my girl) 5/9/01-7/1/10(OS), ReRun (my boy)(4/18/95-4/19/07 Heart tumor)) Dedicating my life as much as I could - to keeping the smile alive of my Lambie Pie - lost 12/04 to Rocky Mtn Spotted Fever.... & then there's the hubby - Bob

.... http://www.freewebs.com/3nofleas/ .

Guest weycoolgrey

THis is my first year on GT at Christmas....I just signed Dewey and Daisy up separately- I can't wait, this will be so much fun!!!!

Edited by weycoolgrey

I'm in for the first year!

Me too! I signed up each of our grey girls seperately too. I'm now just waiting to find out who my matches are so I can start planning what to get them. :colgate

I put the age, color and gender of my greys under the "Comments" section of the form. :colgate

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)