Phillie Has Lost His Battle With Insulinoma

Guest greymom1997

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry about Phillie, and desperately wished for a different outcome for you. I'm sad to hear about AJ's demeanor as well. He's sifting through his own grief. When we lost Troy, Erin was frantic and beside herself. They were companions for more than 7 years and Troy was the alpha of the two. We were somewhat fortunate that she did not go on a hunger strike but she was definitely quiet and morose. In time, AJ will come to terms with his own loss. Dogs are resilient that way. I found my own comfort giving Erin special treats like boiled chicken, extra cuddles and quiet walks with her - my own way of making up for her loss. She came out of it eventually.

Please take care of yourself. You've been through a lot.

Edited by Naty

How wonderful that you were able to be with him through that last difficult time, and to really BE there with and for him, and for yourself.

Big hugs to you now during your own recovery.

:bighug :bighug :bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

So sorry to hear about Phillie. He was lucky to have your kisses and words comforting him at the end and I'm sure

he is watching over you now just as you watched over him. My thoughts and prayers are with you and AJ.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

you gave Phillie love and were there until the end. May you have peace and comfort. Run free sweet Phillie,

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

I am so sorry. :candle:grouphug

Godspeed Phillie, send your mom a sign that you are ok. Run with all the angels. :gh_run

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Donna, words just can't express how sorry I am for you, Mia and AJ. My eyes just won't stop leaking. Please do take care of yourself. You're always taking care of everyone else.

Many hugs to all of you and a cookie to AJ. :dogcookie:bighug:f_pink:bighug

Run free, sweet Phillie. :gh_run2

Chris, with Bixby (aka Clive Bixby, fka Taplin's Bull) and the feline buggle brothers, Oliver and Salem.

Kelsey (Watch the Kick), forever in my heart.

Guest jeannejj

I am so sorry for your loss. I know how hard that final act of love is. May your memories bring peace and comfort to your aching heart.

Run free, sweet Phillie.

f_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellow

I'm so very sorry for your loss. :( It sounds like his passing was gentle, surrounded by love and kindness. I know he leaves a huge hole in your heart. :brokenheart May your memories of the happy times bring you comfort. :grouphug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest JenFallon

I'm so sorry Donna. He was such a young boy, it's so unfair that he left you so soon. You're a great mom (to your pups and sweet Mia) he knew how loved he was.

Naty is right about AJ, you'll work through your grief together and slowly you'll both start to heal. You, Mia, AJ and Phillie are in my thoughts. Take care Donna :grouphug

Guest greylovinpair

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.

We lost our Anna to an insulinoma back in January. She did undergo her surgery successfully, but the nasty tumor just recurred a couple months later, and did so with a vengence. It's not a very common tumor in general, especially in greys.

My thoughts are with you.

Guest greymom1997

I cannot begin to tell you all just how much your words of sympathy mean to me. Phillie was such a unique (aren't they all!), silly boy. He brought me through such a tragic event in my life and he was SO special to me. I really thought we would have years together, but... I am so happy of the time we did share. We had lots of fun together me and my boy!

The house is so silent without his constant "talking"... it's too quiet...

AJ at least is eating now. We've been going for walks together. He is such a spook, but I bring him out when it is quiet. I want for him to experience all the same fun stuff Phillie did.. so we'll keep working on it. He is still very clingy to me (even more than usual..didn't think that was really possible), but wants treats now and I suppose that is a small step in the right direction.

**** I did receive my sign that my boys are together... My boys are waiting for me...

Edited by greymom1997

Oh, I'm so sorry you've lost your precious boy. Cancer is a monster. I know your pain is so great right now. Maybe AJ is picking up on that, as well as being confused and missing his brother. I have a feeling that when you are able to smile again, he will feel better too.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I am sorry for your loss but very happy you have already received your sign. Peace and comfort to you and AJ.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon