Sassy Tribute - Because She Deserves That

DianeFG

Sassy was a rescue dog. She was turned into our group at the age of 10 because her family didn't want her anymore.....they wanted a puppy. Well, what a big loss for them. Our Gotcha Day is October 5, 2003. Here is a video taken last year of Sassy, you tell me if she is an old dog. It all happened so quickly.

Sassy was special, she was the one who got me into IG Rescue. Because of her I'm eyeball deep and loving every minute of it. She slept with me every night, cuddled up under the covers. On a cold winter night she was so nice and toasty and we'd snuggle up so tight together. On a hot night, while I was having a hotflash, thinking I was going to combust I would still cuddle with her because she deserved that. She loved Renee, my middle DD so much. Every day when Renee came home it was a big event for Sassy. She'd act like she hadn't seen Renee in 3 years. Renee was with Sassy when she left for the Bridge. Renee kissed Sassy on the head and told her how much she loves her. Renee is heartbroken today. Sassy was such a funny, quirky girl. She had no teeth left but would try and bite Merlin if he got out of line with her, she's open up her little mouth and poke at him like a chicken, and Merlin would just stand there and let her do it. Or she's stick her nose in his ear to sniff around. She had to be where the action was. While I was on my vacation last month, we spent 3 weeks of the best weather I can remember, by the pool. She was on one lounge chair and I was on the other, we soaked up the sun together. Those pictures in OT are of her hanging out by the pool on vacation with me. I'm so grateful I took those 3 weeks off. I stayed home for the whole time and spent it with my kids and my dogs. I was wonderful.

What happened last night was, I came home from work and found Sassy upstairs with her eyes closed and her head tilted very far to the right. I bent down to look at her and realized her eye was swollen, and when she opened it, it was so white I was speechless. Off to the e-vet. The vet told me it was one of two things.... either glaucomo or a tumor behind her eye pushing it forward. Either way there wasn't a treatment that Sassy was eligible for because her heart murmur had progressed so much since March that she was now past a level 4 on a scale of 1 to 5. The vet felt the eye would have to come out and she wouldn't survive the surgery and if it were a tumor she wasn't a candidate for chemo at her age and with her heart so tired. We made the decision to let her rest, she was in a lot of pain. It was all so very sudden, just like with Fudgie. If you look at this picture I posted of her yesterday in Off Topic, it's a close up of her eyes and it was taken last month.

Sassy-prettygirl.jpg

She looked so good. How does something like this happen so quickly? My friend told me today I am fortunate that both Fudge and Sassy went quickly, her dogs had long illnesses. I'm sad and don't know what to do with myself. Breakfast was so odd... feeding everyone but her. She'll be so missed........

Edited by DianeFG

Diane

4463Fudgie_and_Goods_draft_2_sharpened_small.jpg

Fudgie 2/27/96 - 8/14/05 and Goods 2/27/96 - 3/12/08 ~~Together again~~

Guest bowiebears

I am so sorry to hear of her passing.

Whether it's a long or short time coming, it's still hard when one of our special friends leave us.

One day we will indeed be reunited again at The Bridge.

My sympathies and prayers for all of you in this time of loss.

--Isaac

Guest MountainHounds

What a wonderful tribute. Her legacy is the tireless work you do to make sure that others like her live out their lives in as much happiness as you brought to hers

Diane I am so sorry!! I loved the pictures of her you posted yesterday and watching her on your videos. I would never have guessed that she was a senior gal, she was so lively and spunky.

I don't know what else to say, I'm shocked, as I know you are. :grouphug:grouphug

Godspeed, Sass.

I'm so sorry, I always enjoyed hearing your stories about her. Hugs to you and Renee.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Guest jettcricket

.....I don't know what's worse...knowing that your going to lose them or having it happen quickly. I've experienced both and it so incredibly heartbreaking. Again, I'm so sorry. My heart goes out to you and your family......sending you peace and white light.

f_yellow

what a beautiful memory that your Renee will have of her Sassy. It was beautiful. I am so sorry. You can tell she lived her life to the fullest.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

I hadn't seen that picture of her. What a beauty :wub: .

Hugs.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Diane,

I am so very sorry for your loss. An amazing tribute to an amazing dog.

Sassy is smiling down upon you thanking you for all that you did for her.

Godspeed Sassy.

:f_pink:gh_runner:f_pink

Hugs,

Carla