Urgent Question For Adopter-

Guest jettcricket

Your tribute to Peter was beautiful.....thank you for sharing him with us. I feel like I've lost one of my own. I'm sure I speak for many of us here on GT. :grouphug

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with jettcricket, I feel as if Peter were mine. This is such a beautiful tribute, it is always so hard for me to read the posts where the puppers have gone to the bridge, but just knowing how much they were loved and how much love they gave is comforting.

Peter was a beautiful boy...hope the days ahead get a little easier.

I'm so, so, so sorry to hear this news. Run pain free, sweet guy!

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Guest ArtysPeople
Where we live, it hasn't rained for weeks.

Today when we woke up it was raining, and my wife said that even the sky was crying for Peter. I told her that maybe it was all the doggie angels crying for him.

Peter's kidneys failed this afternoon and he passed away this evening while we were visiting him.

When we were through saying our good-byes, the rain had stopped; and I thought to myself "Of course it stopped - now he is up there making all the doggie angels laugh with his too-long tongue, his silly run, and his curly tail!"

We love you Peter... so much! :cry1

What a beautiful tribute to a beautiful dog. I'm terribly sorry for your loss, and hope you and your family are doing OK at this terrible time.

:cry1:brokenheart:grouphug

Edited by ArtysPeople

I just read through this thread.

I am so very sorry for your tragic loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Godspeed Peter, you are sadly missed.

:f_red:gh_run:f_red

Hugs,

Carla

I'm so sorry. :cry1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest Skys_Mom
:f_red I'm so very sorry for your loss. :grouphug Thinking of you and your family at this very hard time. Run pain free Peter and watch over your family who loves you so much.

Guest LolasMom
Your tribute to Peter was beautiful.....thank you for sharing him with us. I feel like I've lost one of my own. I'm sure I speak for many of us here on GT. :grouphug

Truer words....

:f_white Run Free sweetheart :gh_run2

Guest PetersMom
Peter is the only boy I know of that has his own greyhound dog stuffy!

I saw it in a couple of pictures in your dedication slideshow (which was VERY nice! :nod)

Thanks for sharing. Peter is a gorgeous boy, and wow what a long nose he had! :wub:

I hope that you know that there is a hound out there who needs you, and is waiting for you.....when you are ready.

now please tell me where I can get one of those great big greyhound dog stuffies? WANT!

:kiss2 from Alabama

The Greyhound Dog Stuffy was something we won at a raffle with our adoption group Shamrock. Its actually a stuffed Greyhound from the bus line - he has the logo on his chest. Peter liked his big stuffy and snuggled with it often. I did a search online but cant seem to find anything like it.

Thank you again for all the thoughts on here - I know in time this sadness will fade and we remember him with smiles. But for now, I feel as if someone took my best friend away from me... We miss everything about him and the silence in the house is larger than we ever imagined it could be. Peter had a little special relationship with each of us in the house and for me, it was the 5:35 whining and howling that I received from him every day when the garage door went up. It will be one of my most favorite memories.

We love you Peter and miss you so much already...:weep

That is a beautiful tribute to a very special boy. I hope that soon the tears of today will give way to smiles when you think of your boy.

Kathy

blackgreys5.jpg

, Phoenix, Okie, Casey, and Ellie the Galga; with Aggie, Alexa, Bear,Cody, Gianni V., Missy B, Babette, Bernice, and BooBoo at the Bridge

I just read your tribute and am in tears again. Words can not express how sad I feel for you.

"Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man."

Persian Proverb