Urgent Question For Adopter-

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PetersMom

When I woke up this morning, the reality of it all has hit me. I wonder when I will be able to look at his bed and his bowls without breaking into a million pieces. So many of you on this site have angels (sometimes more than one) and I just dont know how you all are so strong.

Part of me doesnt want to get another dog because this just hurts so much. But we both realize that feeling that way is selfish - that we gave Peter a fantastic home and we should, when we are ready, share it with more Greys who need homes. We have room in our home and in our hearts, even though both feel empty right now. :weep

Thanks for all the messages, PetersDad and I are reading them hourly, it seems....

Guest vahoundlover
When I woke up this morning, the reality of it all has hit me. I wonder when I will be able to look at his bed and his bowls without breaking into a million pieces. So many of you on this site have angels (sometimes more than one) and I just dont know how you all are so strong.

Part of me doesnt want to get another dog because this just hurts so much. But we both realize that feeling that way is selfish - that we gave Peter a fantastic home and we should, when we are ready, share it with more Greys who need homes. We have room in our home and in our hearts, even though both feel empty right now. :weep

Thanks for all the messages, PetersDad and I are reading them hourly, it seems....

:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

They do have a way of capturing our hearts.....just remember it hurts so bad because there is so much love. When the time is right, you'll know....and tho your heart will always ache for Peter, it will also be full of love for your new friend.

We are all here for you.....cry, rant..whatever you need. :grouphug

I'm so sorry to hear this, he truly fought hard and you did everything you could. Sometimes it just can't be helped. It rained here too last night...I was walking the pups and saw two rainbows, I always see two when I walk I think they are my bridge boys, but maybe one of them was Peter this time.......

Run free sweetie, your family misses you.....send them a sign that you're ok.....

I just come here every few hours to see how it's going, like I know you three or something. You were so kind and loving to that sweet precious dog, as I know he was to you; how lucky that you had each other for his life after the track! Bless you for your kindness to that good dog, and know how many of us are so sad too about Peter, and about your pain. I'm so sorry. It will get better.

Edited by coaster

I'm so sorry--please know that the pain eases with time. Someday soon you'll be able to get through a day without that horrible ache. Remember all the happiness he had in his life with you. The end comes to us all, and it is only a small part of the picture. We just went through loss of our old girl at the end of July, so I've been kind of "studying" on this, knowing it won't be the last time we go through this... :grouphug

I'm so sorry to hear about Peter. :f_white:gh_run:angelwings

I never got a chance to meet Peter, but he sounded like the most easy going, gentle greyhound. Just checked some pedigrees, and I fostered his half littermate for over a year- System BC Ertle.

Edited to add: I did the home visit for Peter's family years ago- and they are an absolutely wonderful family. A great home and family for any greyhound.

Edited by BluegrassGrey

Kathryn, “Broadway” BW’s Broadway: Shaggy Bessie x Jimbo Red Rose, & "Ellie" Noah's Smelldog: Castor Troy x Mulberry Jade. My Angels "Sidney" Rainier Rapper: Rainier Ranger x Rainier Rapport (09/03/2001-2/26/2012); "Pistol" Tiowa Pistol: Rapido Rambo x My Roz (11/19/1998-8/02/2011); “Perry" Tiowa Perry: Rapido Rambo x My Roz (11/19/1998-6/09/2010); "Jackie" Mjp's Jackie: Joey Flint x Social Robin (6/12/1997-6/20/2008)

Guest spider9174

i was so hoping to hear something good this morning when i checked the thread. i'm heartbroken for you and your family.

many hugs and prayers.

I am so sorry for your loss. Take comfort in knowing your sweet boy is at peace, pain free and running once again with the wind.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I just saw this thread. I am typing through tears. Soar high and free sweet baby. I am so sorry your earth angels have not been able to help you. You were so loved by all I can see in this thread.

"Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man."

Persian Proverb

Guest jettcricket

"We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own, live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached. Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way. We cherish memory as the only certain immortality, never fully understanding the necessary plan." ----Irving Townsend.

I'm so sorry for your loss...... f_yellow:cry1

Edited by jettcricket

My heart breaks for you. I'm so sorry to read about Peter. You did everything you could and he knew you loved him. I hope that your sadness fades with the passing of time. :grouphug

Run free Peter. :gh_run

Maybe my Snickers and all the other bridge angels are already playbowing and saying hello to Peter.

Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

Guest PetersDad

Thank you all for your condolences.... the love we feel from everyone is just overwhelming...

It has been a rough several days, and just didn't turn out as we were hoping and praying, but we're very greytful to have been owned by such an amazing dog. His personality and antics filled our home and our hearts with memories that will never fade.

Please watch our dedication to him:

It's been wonderful to "meet" such an incredible group of people that love their hounds just as much as we loved ours. We thank you for all of your support, condolences, and wishes... this thread has been our crutch for days. It's nice to know that we don't have to stand on our own.

Each grey is special and brings such a feeling of completeness to any family. The years of happiness that he brought us are well worth the past few days of tears, and all the tears ahead.

We love you and miss you so much, Peter!

Guest whatahound

I am so very sorry about Peter. I hope that the tears quickly change to smiles everytime you think about your sweet boy.

Godspeed Peter.

Hugs to all.....

:grouphug

You'll see Peter again one day!

And he will know how much you loved him.

You made me cry at work, darn it...

I'm so sorry. I lost my darling Kramer in April. I take solace in knowing that I loved him every day that he was mine.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

I'm so sorry.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Oh gosh. :cry1 I am just seeing this thread for the first time. What an emotional rollercoaster....I can't even begin to imagine how hard these past few days have been for you two. :( I am sooo very sorry for your loss. :grouphug Please take comfort in knowing he isn't suffering from any pain/discomfort anymore and that you did everything possible for him. Run free sweet boy.

What a beautiful tribute. :cry1

Guest greytexplorer

Peter is the only boy I know of that has his own greyhound dog stuffy!

I saw it in a couple of pictures in your dedication slideshow (which was VERY nice! :nod)

Thanks for sharing. Peter is a gorgeous boy, and wow what a long nose he had! :wub:

I hope that you know that there is a hound out there who needs you, and is waiting for you.....when you are ready.

now please tell me where I can get one of those great big greyhound dog stuffies? WANT!

:kiss2 from Alabama