Urgent Question For Adopter-

Guest SoulsMom

Candle lit for Peter. I've been following this thread with quiet tears, I can't imagine what you are going through. Hang in there sweet boy!

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GreyDad

Hi all -

We went to visit the boy - he's in a nice big walk-in kennel that gives him plenty of room to stretch out. He's got tubes everywhere, but as soon as he heard us, he lifted his head an ears... we sat with him in the kennel for a while, giving lots of ear and neck scratches (he loves those).

We told him to be strong and to keep fighting, and to come home soon...

We'll continue posting information as we get it...

Peter said to send a thank-you from him and his people for all the love and support. :)

Sending more prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest PetersDad

Hello everyone...

FYI, My ID was changed by the site admins to "PetersDad", as "GreyDad" is an old admin account on this site, and the forum admins didn't want anyone to get confused.

The vet called again and said that Peter was given a very low dose of something that should increase his appetite, as he's still not eating, and he was given a small amount of liquid food to give him some fuel to continue the fight. She said there is no new info yet, but she will call us in the morning after she checks on him.

Another long night to look forward to... :(

Here are some pics of our boy on snapfish:

Peter on Snapfish

Edited by PetersDad

Guest PetersDad

Hi tbhounds -

Yes, she did do a lepto titer, as well as TBD, and the results are supposed to be in early to mid-next week. In the meantime, he is on doxy (among other things), which I think is the main antibiotic used to combat lepto, if I'm not mistaken (based on what others have said on here).

Thank you for the suggestion!

Guest Tenderhearts
Here are some pics of our boy on snapfish:

Peter on Snapfish

What a precious and handsome brindle boy! :wub: :wub: :wub: Thank you so much for sharing your album with us! :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

PS. I think the pic of Peter with his head on your tummy is my favorite! :inlove

Guest paulamariez

What a pretty boy Peter is! My first greyhound was a brindle and I have my second brindle, so I'm partial to brindles! I'll keep your poor baby in my prayers. Glad to hear he's doing a tad better! Doggie kisses sent from my three boys to Peter too!

Just seeing this post and sending my prayers and :getwell wishes to Peter. :hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Good luck with Peter. It sounds like he is making small improvements. And it is great that your vet is contacting you to keep giving you updates. Sounds like they have a hand on things and are doing what needs to be done.

Come on sweetie...you just have to eat honey...Prayers coming your way. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

:hope

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Just lit a candle for Pete. Also sending tons of prayers for a speedy recovery.

Come on boy, you can do it.

:hope:hope:hope:hope:hope:hope

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Guest PetersDad

Update from the vet -

Peter's glucose level is high now (was 40 on Friday, up to 82 yesterday when he came off the dextrose drip, and now is up to 135). The vet said that she feels that his body is working to stabilize that, so she expects some fluctuation, but will keep an eye on it.

He stood up for a bit this morning, and has been drinking water. She also said that his urine has returned to a normal color (not dark orange anymore), which she said was a small step in the right direction. He vomited a little bit this morning, so he's back on an antiemetic to help his tummy feel better.

We're going to visit him in just a bit, so we'll update when we get back...

Thank you for the continued thoughts, prayers and candles...

Guest needlenosemom

Can you leave an article of your clothing with Peter in his cage so he can be domforted by your human smell?? Remember, our needlenoses sense of smell is 500X greater than us humans!

Guest IrskasMom

I am thinking and Praying for Peter . Get well soon :hope:hope:hope:hope:bighug:dogcookie

I forgot to mention ,Petersdad is fabulous of giving us Updates . We ARE very Concerned .

Edited by IrskasMom

Guest PetersDad

Hi All -

We just got back from visiting Peter... He has one of my shirts for a pillow (worn, of course, so he gets the full effect), and one of his freshly cleaned stuffed animals.

He's a tired boy - I think he overexerted himself just before we got there! The Vet tech. said that he lifted his head up for her, and that he actually got up and ate a little food! That's the first time he's shown any interest in food since Thursday, so fingers crossed! To me, his eyes look much less yellow (still tinted a bit), but his skin is still pretty yellow, as are his gums... it doesn't look AS yellow, but maybe that's my wishful (hopeful) thinking. His temp is normal, his heartrate is good (which is pretty much all the tech could do while we were there)... but I think he's a little mad at us for leaving him there. :(

The vet is coming in to do her nighttime rounds at around 6:00, and will call us just to touch base, so if nothing is new, I probably won't post again until we hear about his CBC tomorrow morning.

Please keep your paws and fingers crossed for our beautiful boy...

Continued prayers for your pupper.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest greytexplorer

Let's see, normal heartrate, normal temperature, and Peter's MAD at you for leaving him.....

hmmmmm, GT'ers, what do you think? Sound like a pupper's health going in the right direction?

Does to me!! :thumbs-up:yay

Please keep posting, Petersdad, we love hearing from you!!!

Edited by greytexplorer