Good Thoughts Needed For Sally

Guest jettcricket
And breeeeeeeeathe :rolleyes::thumbs-up

421b320a45257437d0dd08835e9fefb8.jpg

After a bit of coaxing, she jumped (ish) off the settee and walked out to the garden for a wee :yay

Then she came back in and screamed merry hell when Marc tried to help her (manhandle her as she sees it) back onto the settee so she jumped on herself (that was a bit of a heart-stopper, I can tell you).

So. Her leglets are coming back :D They're weak and wibbly but they are coming back :wub:

And now, more resting, on some fresh bedding

661bfd6ae2ce86c53af23c2d836b3912.jpg

Erm. Can someone remind me why I like to adopt these old dogs? :blink::rolleyes::lol

So glad to hear that Sally is doing better!! :yay She's such a beautiful girlie.

As far as why you adopt older dogs....because your a compassionate person and have a good heart. :kiss2 I wish the world had more people like you. :)

Edited by jettcricket

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She's had a bit of dinner but not much (I added half a tin of wet food as well as her normal soaked kibble to tempt her). Those back legs are very very weak so we're not out of the woods yet I don't think.

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Come on Miss Sally...get stronger and stronger. :grouphug Sending prayers and gentle hugs. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'm glad to hear that Sally was up and about. Sending prayers that she continues to improve. :grouphug

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

Morning all.

I wish I could report some improvements this morning but there aren't any. She got herself off the couch earlier by putting her front feet on the floor, but then the rest of her followed in a sliding motion and she ended up in a heap. She's happy to lay on the couch and she's happy to be hand fed some human food or some soft dog treats but thats not really enough is it? So I'm sort of preparing myself for a bumpy ride over the next couple of days, if no improvement takes place.

*shudder*

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Oh Bevd, my thoughts are with you and Sweet Sally. Our Hobbes is 13 and wobbles when he walks, gets very tired and has not been doing as well lately. It breaks my heart to see only a former shadow of the big, vibrant 3 year old he used to be when he first came to us. Every day becomes a rollercoaster of hope and joy at an improvement to a down swing as he looks more fragile.

Perhaps Sally is just having her "ups & downs" and will be more herself in a day or two. We'll all be sending good wishes your way and checking in to see how she is doing.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest PhillyPups

Oh dear sweet Sally Doyle, get better please :hope:hope

I agree with Fiona, it is so hard watching the aging process happen with our hounds, it seems to always be way too soon. :hope:hope

I didn't see this until now... :goodluck: for Sally. I sincerely hope this is just a "spell" and she'll pull out of it quickly.

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Oh goodness.. Miss Sally, it's time to regain some strength.

Prayers are still coming your way!

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Bevd

Darius is wobbly in the back too. It is either DM which is slow progressing for him, or a disc issue. there is no pain. If it is DM no shot or pill will make a difference. Everything spoken about is for arthritis. If she isn't in pain the best think you can do is keep her moderately excersied (whatever she can handle) Darius started this almost 2 years ago and is still doing great!

Edited by Madeara
"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif