Good Thoughts Needed For Sally

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all. Well, she's managed to get off the sofa a couple of times when we've told her she needs to go out for a wee and on both occassions, she's got herself back up there too (but we think that even with wonky legs, jumping up there is preferable to being put up there by Marc, according to Lady Sally) :rolleyes:

Nothing else to report really (other than the fact that she's still got a decent appetite, particularly for treats) :wub:

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest 2greygirls

thinking of you and Sally. It is so hard to see them get wobbly, and weaken. She sounds like most Greyhound Ladies of a particular Age that I know. Independent, and with her own ideas of what she needs. Bless her heart. Only you can asses what's going on with her.

hugs to you, Sally, and your whole pack

*whispering*

I think she might be a tiny bit stronger in the leg region tonight...

I'm off to bed now but will let you know how she's doing in the morning...

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Sending more prayers for precious Sally. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I've had a lie in this morning :D However, this is the run-down from DH.

So far this morning, Sally has done the following:-

got on and off the couch a couple of times without landing in any sort of heap

done a poo on the rug by the back door :rolleyes:

barked

decided that she didn't fancy her normal breakfast but would eat Bakers Meaty Chunks (emergency food purchased for her yesterday in case she, quite predictably, went off her normal food) :rolleyes:

So, thats all good. Oh and last night, after I posted before bed, she went out for a wee, came back in, with DH wandering behind in case of leg troubles, got to the settee, stopped, looked at DH (still following behind) and turned and high tailed it off in the other direction....so it seems that her sense of humour is returning :lol I took a bit of video of her getting on the couch after that and then a few minutes later, she was roaching for the first time in a week or so :wub:

As things stand at the moment then, we're starting to feel that we *might* be getting yet another reprieve...

Edited by Bevd

I know that feeling of "reprieve" so well. It's like being given a pot of gold to have more time with your special senior. May Sally continue to improve and lead everyone on a merry chase to her couch. I love greyhounds with a sense of humor! :wub:

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Hello again :)

This is the video clip I took last night, before I went to bed CLICK TO SEE SALLY

(it's not the greatest video clip as far as video clips go, but its a very good clip because it shows that old greyhound girls like to terrify people and then, at the eleveth hour, get better) :D

And then, these pics from this afternoon

Ooooh, what a nice day for a trundle outside

f9acb83cd69fc347fbfaec1a6b247c00.jpg

Go away, brat-with-a-ball

cc1a0679330e752015cb69a3bac5e732.jpg

Oh no, here comes Dumber, to see Dumb

0275f3bd76dfe92714a2aac32a25fd42.jpg

Have they gone away yet? I'm not looking at them.

7ff201fea7c88f9f7393925b3333a5e2.jpg

Doesn't matter anyway because now, I can do THIS :D

0fde925615a31e49b0b0c6f8ecf0276e.jpg

Thank you all for your good thoughts for Sally :) Once again, they seemed to have worked and for today, we have the reprieve we were hoping for :wub:

Knowing Sally can be somewhat *ahem* manipulative, I believe she might just have wanted a bit of attention. :P I'm so glad she's doing better! (and what's with sharing a bed 2 days in a row??!!??!!) :lol

I don't know Lori? Do you think I really do need to take her to the vets? :huh:lol:

Oh talking of which, I must go and update Sprout's hydrotherapy thread in OT - but prepare youselves because it's most ridiculous...

WTG Miss Sally! :wub: You keep those fuzzy faced sibs in line. :)

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I don't know Lori? Do you think I really do need to take her to the vets? :huh:lol:

Oh talking of which, I must go and update Sprout's hydrotherapy thread in OT - but prepare youselves because it's most ridiculous...

:blush I was just joking, of course. I don't think Sally was hoping for a vet's visit, perhaps just some nice treats and more soft blankies. :)

Bev she has such a sweet face, what a precious girly. :wub:

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg