Winslow's Diary

Poor Winslow - Bodie empathises. As you know, Bodie is having the same problems - the ice is hurting his feet and he feels unstable so he deals with it by just not wanting to go out in the yard anymore. I order him off the deck ( GO BIZ!!!) and he reluctantly goes into the yard, but unless I'm watching him, he scoots right back up on the deck. As a result, he is limiting his poops, his system is "backing up" and he is producing some of the most "fragrant" gas ever smelled by humans. We keep air freshener by us at all times.

Bodie is championing a move to Florida to be near his "Gramps" and no ice... :)

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HeatherDemps

Ugh! We are dealing with the same thing! I slept on the dog beds with Dempsey again last night and at some point, he changed positions so his hiney was right by my head. Woke me up REAL quick! Oh, how I cannot wait for spring....

Poor Winslow - Bodie empathises. As you know, Bodie is having the same problems - the ice is hurting his feet and he feels unstable so he deals with it by just not wanting to go out in the yard anymore. I order him off the deck ( GO BIZ!!!) and he reluctantly goes into the yard, but unless I'm watching him, he scoots right back up on the deck. As a result, he is limiting his poops, his system is "backing up" and he is producing some of the most "fragrant" gas ever smelled by humans. We keep air freshener by us at all times.

Bodie is championing a move to Florida to be near his "Gramps" and no ice... :)

Hang in there Winslow! Hope your paw feels better. Ice makes life rough here too, although Cricket still has four legs with her hindend troubles she really struggles out there even with a harness. Let's hope the rest of the winter brings some warmer weather to get around in.

Cricket says that you look handsome even with a hurt paw. :wub:

Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

January 25, 2008

Hi Diane,

How's everything in Texas?

We're still in the refugee camp, aka basement, aka bunker.

Winslow is limping ever so slightly but seems improved, and his foot isn't swollen. I have found nothing to indicate a problem and the only time he has any tenderness (I wouldn't even regard this as pain) is when he's outside and trotting around. Otherwise, he's good. He's getting all the extra spoilage that comes with being down here... visitors, treats, steak, etc. Craig and I have both "set up shop" down here to be with him.

We all want to move back upstairs, but we're not going until this is totally resolved and there's no limping at all. I have shoveled out a path from the steps to the back yard. From now on when there's ice, we will only walk to the back yard, which I plan to keep clear of snow and ice.

I know he's going to hate it, but as we know, eventually, he's gotta go. This seems to be our only solution to keep him off the ice, gravel and road salt. He cannot hate pooping in the backyard more than we all hate living in this basement.

I hope all is well with you and your pack.

If you get a chance, maybe mention TF to Darcy deerhound. They're afraid the chemo will make her lose her hair. After chemo, she can get back on track and maybe it will help. It sure did something for Mr. Hot and Fuzzy.. (As you can tell, I've been lurking again... I just cannot watch another minute of TV!!!)

Glynis

2008_0124winslow0001.jpg

2008_0124winslow0006.jpg

2008_0124winslow0014.jpg

2008_0124winslow0008.jpg

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Guest BlackandBrindle

I think I have been channeling some of Winslow's heat. Seems like I can't get cool this winter :blink:

I hope his paw continues to improve!

:kiss2 to Winslow

Guest LolasMom

Awww Winslow. Thanks so much for the pup date. I hope your paw feels better soon, there's a little tasty morsel on that carpet when you roll that cute little tongue back in, and spring gets here quick!! :kiss2 By the way, the orange bedding suits you beautifully. :nod

• 3 weeks later...

February 9, 2008

Hi Diane,

It's been a very busy week here. Winslow is giving me lists and making demands, as usual.. What to serve at his party, deliver a big cake to VCA (for those who can't come to the party), paint the guest room for Uncle Harris. He's got me running all over the place. He's been asking for a bluetooth so he can stay connected. I don't think so!

Wednesday evening, I ran out for 20 minutes to pick Craig up at the airport. I didn't give Winslow his kong with peanut butter. I just dashed out. On the way home, a phone call from my neighbor:

'Glynis, Winslow was at the (open) window, crying at me when I came up the street. He's never done that before.' By that time I was in the driveway. I knew he was just mad because I didn't give him his kong. I told her, 'He's asking you to call Greyhound Welfare and tell them he's abused and neglected. I'm surprised he didn't hold up a sign with their phone number on it.' I came in... Winslow greeted Craig, picked up the empty kong and dropped it on my feet.

Anyway, today was the first time we got to read any Greytalk for awhile.

We were sad to hear about Carrier's problems. We wish him a very speedy recovery. After Winslow had Adriamyicin, our regular vet said to give him 90 mg. of coenzyme Q10. per day. It is antioxidant and a heart supplement. Winslow has a #3 heart murmur. He had no heart issues from the Adriamyicin, but the coenzyme seemed like a very good idea to me. Since they are looking toward more holistic treatment for Carrier, this may be something to look into.

Winslow loves looking at Darcy.. He thinks she's beautiful.. We are glad to see that she's doing better. Winslow has been inquiring about the weather where they live. It looks cold and windy. I'm expecting a request to move to England. Cold weather and a cute deerhound. What else could there be?

I better go.. The master and commander is ready to go out and survey his territory.

Glynis

commandcentral.jpg

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

commandcentral.jpg

Oh Winslow. :wub: I think all the females (humans included!) are in love with you. I hope the ice clears for you soon.

Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

Guest coastersbysteve
February 9, 2008

I didn't give Winslow his kong with peanut butter. I just dashed out. On the way home, a phone call from my neighbor:

'Glynis, Winslow was at the (open) window, crying at me when I came up the street. He's never done that before.' By that time I was in the driveway. I knew he was just mad because I didn't give him his kong. I told her, 'He's asking you to call Greyhound Welfare and tell them he's abused and neglected. I'm surprised he didn't hold up a sign with their phone number on it.' I came in... Winslow greeted Craig, picked up the empty kong and dropped it on my feet.

Winslow (& Glynis), thanks for the imagery, really needed that today... Have a greyt birthday party, we'll be there in our thoughts. As for the bluetooth, Jazz thinks it's a wonderful idea! Until next time... :paw

SmileyPiano_Jazz.gif& Steve

OMG...if he isn't handsome...and such a character too! :P:wub:

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

C'mon, Glynis, get that boy a bluetooth! :lol

We'll see you guys Saturday!

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Winslow loves looking at Darcy.. He thinks she's beautiful.. We are glad to see that she's doing better. Winslow has been inquiring about the weather where they live. It looks cold and windy. I'm expecting a request to move to England. Cold weather and a cute deerhound. What else could there be?

commandcentral.jpg

Hello Winslow and Glynis :colgate

Darcy is a little tied up at the moment (sleeping) but she wanted me to let you know that she appreciates being thought of as beautiful by one as handsome as Winslow (:wub:) and she says that yes, it is often windy here....but it's not always to do with the outside weather (not mentioning any names....Wallace...) :lol She also said that she would be very happy if Winslow moved over here because she finds him rather attractive ( :blush )

She and I are very much looking forward to the party pictures :couchjump

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Well, Winslow is a man who gets what he wants, and darnit, he wanted his Kong and he's going to tell the whole world you didn't get it for him, Glynis!

Completely off the subject (Diane if you would pass this question on to Glynis...), but what kind of smart phone is the silver phone in the pic? Is it a palm treo? If so what model is it and what service provider do you have? (I might be in the market for something similar soon and want something without an antenna if possible)

Edited by krissn333

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

We'll see you guys Saturday!

Since we are also coming on Saturday, I hope there will be a number of Greytalkers there to help Winslow celebrate his birthday. I would enjoy meeting all of you. Rainy is just sorry she can't come as she has had a crush on Winslow for quite some time... :rolleyes:

February 15, 2008

Hi Diane,

How's everything? We are all doing just fine.

Someone asked about Winslow's smartphone. It's a Blackberry. Winslow can only use it when his nails are long because the keyboard is very small. Craig uses it more. They both hate it.

Winslow wants that bluetooth for his birthday. Says he wants the one with voice activation. Says he needs hands free, for obvious reasons. He wants me to have a bumper sticker made that says: My Greyhound can email faster than your Greyhound can run.

Looks like Winslow is going to have good weather for his big party. He's getting excited. We will surely have some pictures!

We're going to miss you here, but will be thinking of you and hope you can come to the next one!

Glynis and Technohound.

FYI: If anyone should contact you about wanting to come to the party, either give them my email or just tell them to mapquest me and show up. You can give out my address if you want to. (No dogs or kids).

Winslow got a present.

He heard the mailman bring it. He went nuts when Craig brought it in.

There is NO WAY one of THOSE boxes can come in this house secretly!

Bodie and Rainy sent him a big box of Burpdog Biscuits!

Winslow says:

Oh, Thank You!

As predicted, here's the first birthday photos. Looks like the party is starting early.

Glynis

2008_0214Winslowbirthday0007.jpg

2008_0214Winslowbirthday0012.jpg

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

:lol:lol:lol He is very determined when it comes to those boxes, isn't he? Thanks for the smile today, I needed that!

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Winslow, Bodie & Rainy are happy that you are enjoying your birthday present! And I'm looking forward to meeting you at your big birthday party!

Rhonda

Look at him with his snout in that box :lol

Is the party today?

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Look at him with his snout in that box :lol

Is the party today?

Yep, this evening :)

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Depending on time zones (which I can never work out even if I try) the party may be taking place right now :couchjump

February 17, 2008

Good Morning Diane,

Winslow's party was a lot of fun. We were somewhat concerned because it's flu season and some of our friends had to stay home and be sick, but we had a houseful anyway and Winslow had a really, really GOOD time.

Early in the day, I brought in the computer so he could see his ecards that people sent to him and the birthday wishes on Greytalk. He loves it when I read to him. He thanks everyone for the cards and good wishes.

Afterward, a friend stopped by with a rubber squeaky cupcake... Yum. There had to be a little snooze before the party. Winslow knew it was party time because we stacked the big bed for more floorspace and extra seating. Then, the guests began to arrive!

Although we said gifts weren't necessary, many brought squeaky toys wrapped in most luscious tissue paper. Winslow, of course, loved the paper as much as the gifts. As usual, we put the toy bin outside the front door so all who entered could give a squeaky to the birthday boy. Rhonda and Lew(Bodie and Rainy's mom and dad) came all the way from PA for the party. Meredith and Mitch (Turbo's parents) came from Silver Spring MD. Of course, many from our neighborhood were here, and other friends from the area. Winslow greeted all guests with the same excitement ('Where's my toy?') and was happy to see everyone.

At cake cutting time, Winslow only licked the center of the cake so I could send home DRY pieces for all the dogs. His manners are improving. He did try to eat the candle (why we never light his candle), but Craig managed to get it back.

After all the presents and cake, Winslow entertained everyone with a big roach that took up the entire sofa. Although I made a time out area for him, roaching in the middle of the party is more his style. After his nap, he woke up to spend some time with guests who stayed late. He played with the new toys awhile longer and then was finished before the last guests left.

Although he didn't get a bluetooth for his birthday, he did get a squeaky cellphone. He's happy with that... for now.

My simple party photos are attached. We are sure to see more (and better) photos because Lew is a pro and brought his camera.

Today, Winslow is sleeping. He's exhausted from his party, but he loved it. I put all his party supplies away for next year. Now, I think I'll join him for a nap.

Glynis

Reading his ecards:

ecards.jpg

Let the birthday party begin!

birthdaybanner.jpg

burpcake.jpg

myparty.jpg

cupcakeandsnooze.jpg

partyboy.jpg

cake.jpg

Call my cell!

callmycell.jpg

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

What a special birthday boy you are Winslow. We love you buddy.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren