My T-bone Is Gone

Guest Babycakes_74

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tenderhearts

I am so sorry for your profound loss :cry1 I lost my first greyhound at five yeras of age. May God hold your aching hearts in his hands :grouphug :grouphug

Run free, sweet T-Bone! :gh_run

Edited by Tenderhearts

I am so sorry for your loss. Your sweet T-bone is at peace, pain free and running once again with the wind.

I do hate cancer. It is the thief who robs us of the ones we love everyday.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest TBSFlame
Hi,

My husband and myself faced a reality check...our 6 year old greyhound had to be put down due to bone cancer. he went from perfect health to pain within a month. We spoiled him right up to the day. But he told us with his whinning that it was time. So we both agreed that we should bring him to the vet and let him be at rest.....I know a lot of people are concerenrd on this site for a teeth operation or any simple operation....but losing your first grey after getting him only a year and half before is tough....We both know that he went to the rainbow bridge...We are both willing to take on another retired grey or pup....We have contacted our local (canadian) Grey hounds in need of adoption agency for another dog......but I have to tell my story because its a very tough thing to go through....Please keep T-Bone in your prayers

It is indeed tough and many of us have gone through the pain of losing our beloved greys to osteo. I am so sorry for your loss. I did find that adopting Beecher did help heal our broken heart.

Guest GreyFox

I'm so sorry. We've had our Doodles for almost 4 months now, and I can't imagine what it must be like. I'm just glad that T-Bone was with you ... you gave him a year and a half of a wonderful life. You made a difference in his life.

Ruth & Doodles

Yes it is a very tough thing to go through. :grouphug

I am so sorry that you and your husband have lost T-Bone from your side but I know he will always be in your heart. :candle Try to take some comfort in knowing that you made him very happy. Run with the angels T-bone :gh_run you are in very good company. :candle

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

:grouphugf_yellow I'm so sorry for your loss. Bless you for opening your hearts to another grey......I'm sure T-Bone will be watching over you and guiding you to another grey who needs you.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest argolola

I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious T-Bone. Please take comfort in knowing that you gave him a wonderful life and you made him very happy.

You and your family will be in my prayers. May God bless you and heal your broken hearts.

I'm so sorry for your loss of your sweet boy :cry1:cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest OnecoRose

I am so sorry to hear about T bone and my heart goes out to you. I have also been through that with osteo bone cancer with my lst grey. It was 3 months after diagonis she let us know and it was the hardest thing we ever went through. She was 11.5 at the time and we adopted again 2 weeks later. Sending prayers.

Guest trevdog

I'm so sorry, many of us know how you feel. I discover GT because of OS too although Trevor was almost 12, age doesn't matter. I lost Jam not quite 2 years after he came home to another cancer, he was only 8. My heart goes out to you....T Bone will have many friends to keep company until you can be with him again. In the meantime I know he will guide another soul to you when the time is right. That's what they do...

I am so sorry for the loss of your precious T-Bone...it just seems like they're never with us long enough...but yet they are here long enough to teach us about sensitivity, humbleness, unconditional love. He's running free of pain now, sleeping late & on fluffy clouds, chasing butterflies & waking up to the glow of a rainbow! I'm sure he's left the door open for another greyhound that needs your love.

:beatheart:gh_run2:beatheart

f_yellowf_yellow

I am so sorry for your loss. I know how you feel and I don't have words to make you feel better. I lost my boy in December and I still can't talk about him without crying.

Just know that you took very good care of him, he loved you and you loved him, and you did all you could. Run free, sweet T-Bone.

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.