My T-bone Is Gone

Guest Babycakes_74

Guest Babycakes_74

Hi,

My husband and myself faced a reality check...our 6 year old greyhound had to be put down due to bone cancer. he went from perfect health to pain within a month. We spoiled him right up to the day. But he told us with his whinning that it was time. So we both agreed that we should bring him to the vet and let him be at rest.....I know a lot of people are concerenrd on this site for a teeth operation or any simple operation....but losing your first grey after getting him only a year and half before is tough....We both know that he went to the rainbow bridge...We are both willing to take on another retired grey or pup....We have contacted our local (canadian) Grey hounds in need of adoption agency for another dog......but I have to tell my story because its a very tough thing to go through....Please keep T-Bone in your prayers

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry you have lost your beloved T-Bone. I found this site just after losing my Chelsea to bone cancer. We adopted another GH soon after, then another. Funny thing about Greyhounds, as big as they are, you can fit a whole lot of 'em in your hearts. I hope T-Bone guides you to the perfect greyhound. :f_red:f_red:f_red

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

Guest stealthydog
:f_red:f_red I'm so sorry you lost T-bone so soon. Even though nothing can replace the love you felt for him, I hope you have great joy with your next one. Know that he is running free at the Bridge. :gh_run

I'm so sorry. I wish there was more I could offer.

Where in Canada are you?

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

I am so sorry for your huge, unbelievable loss. You will never forget him or replace his special place in your heart.

You are in the right place though. There are so many of us here to help each other and learn from. I just learned from you how sudden things like this can be. We have had our first grey for over a year and are not ready to give him up, so I can understand exactly why you need to let it out and share with us. We are here 24-7 and I hope your next adoption goes smoothly and at your own pace, be it quickly or slowly. Luckily for greyhound lovers, there are so many dogs out there in need of a home.

:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

Bow Wow Wow Yippie Yo Yippie Yay :)

Siggy4.jpg

Johanna with hounds: Woodie (Molly's Marvin) (Grenade X Kh Molly) and Petra (Make Her a Pet) (Dodgem By Design X Late Nite Oasis)

and forever missing Hurley (Jel Try Out) (Gable Dodge X Kings Teresa) with Kalapaki Beach in Kauai as the background

Guest GracieMae
I'm so very sorry ~ this is so sad and he was so very young.
I hope T-Bone will guide you toward another grey to fill your aching hearts with love really soon.
I hope and believe we'll all be together again with all of our loved ones that have gone on before us.
I pray your pain will soon be replaced with peace ~
:candle

f_yellow

I too am very sorry for your loss. We lost our Chester to osteo 7 years ago. I don't think a day has gone by that I haven't thought of my handsome dude. However, I now think of him and smile. Many prayers that you soon find the same peace and comfort in your memories of TBone.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

I'm sorry. There's never enough time, is there? Long, short ... never enough.

Hugs.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm very sorry for the loss of your precious T-bone. :grouphug I know the heartache of losing several of my beloved hounds to bone cancer. :( Know that your sweet boy was met at the Bridge by lots of new friends, and will live on in your heart forever. No doubt he will guide you to another greyhound that will help to heal your heart. :heart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest CookieLover

Suffering along with you and sending prayers...lost our first grey baby to osteo 10 months ago...your precious T-bone joins our Oreo and a lot of our sweet babies running free!

Guest jeannejj

I am so sorry for your loss. It's always hard to say goodbye, and I know how hard that final act of love is. May your memories bring peace to your aching heart.

Run free, sweet T-Bone.

f_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellow