Hoo-hoo Question

Oh man! You guys are hysterical!! I'm sitting here with tears rolling down my face trying not to laugh too loud because my very precocious 7 year old is in the next room and I don't want to have to explain all this to him.

Too too too too funny!!!! :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Maureen, Sean, Molly (Garnett Madonna) and Sully (Starz Top Style)

gallery_1382_2909_6961.jpg

Visit LongDog Leather Works for adjustable leather martingales, wrap around leather tag bags, breakaway tag necklaces and cool leather people gear. Check out our Etsy store!

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WebErika

This was a hysterical thread!!!!

When we noticed the "olives" on Woody, at first I was like "what?" ... but it didn't hurt him and I thought nothing more of it. Then during a routine visit with the vet I asked him, and he said it was quite normal for a male dog and to not squeeze them :D:lol! Not that we would ...

So now that I read this thread, I'm laughing because we went through almost the same thing.

I just noticed the "olives" in a recent pic of Lucy's new IG (who is still lost :( - hope he comes home soon!) ... they are there for all to see! :D

Wow, it's like a New Years thread to remember! I never saw this thread when it first came through LAST YEAR, but it's interesting. To be honest, I've seen that on Sunscreen Man when he REALLY has to pee, but never had a clue what it really was...How fortunate for me that someone dredged this old thread up! :lol

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

Guest houndstooth4

Wait until your boy has a sheath infection and you have to apply medication to the, ahem "area." I thought he wouldn't like me messing with him down there, but he just lifted his leg so I could have "easy access." Suddenly, he was a lot more devoted to me, that's all I'm going to say! :wub: He actually followed me around the house.

Carrie

Treat :angel

Hawk :pepper

Miles plays with his...we call it bumpin'.

His 'bumps' showed up right away when we brought him home; thought it was cancer or something. My 14 year old was the one who informed me otherwise and said I was a 'perv' for checking them out. Hey! It scared me! He's always been a very happy boy! So happy, that when I get home from work I most always get greeted with 'bumps'.

Oh well, they don't have those kind of manners...

:blink: I am so glad you posted that because the other day Dillon was standing over my head and I saw the olives and thought he had regrown...uh....the change in his change purse except in a different spot. :eek

What do I know I'm a girl and I've only had a girl dog. :rolleyes:

Whew! At least I don't think I have any worries now.

And for the record, both my beagle and my grey have cheeto feet.

Edited by 2dogz

Guest greycious_gal

I, too, am a resident "flusher" of the areas previously unknown! :lol Monty had a hole in his changepurse, so I was lucky enough to get real familar with his, ummmmmm, hardware.

Flushing that area down there always seemed to provide the "olive you" effect! :lol And, the warm compresses that the vet prescribed? Let's just say Monty was extremely disappointed when he was all healed up! :P

(Silly dog!)

Consult your vet, of course, if there seems to be something wrong. If it never goes away, I might be more concerned. However, you might find that it doesn't go away (or it appears in conjunction) with regular "checks", if you know what I mean. :lol;)

• 1 year later...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :nod so THAT'S what olives are :rofl :rofl :rofl

and you'll notice :rofl the doggie on my koozies has an OLIVE in his mouth :rofl :rofl :rofl I SWEAR I did NOT see this thread until tonight :rofl :rofl :rofl

DSC01426.jpg

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

Guest Richman
Marbles has swelling, not where his, um, hangy-downs were  :blush , but at the base of his hoo-hoo.  It's sort of on each side of it, and they're about the size of big olives.  And they're pretty hard.  Yes, I had to poke them  :blush so I could describe them.  They don't seem to be painful.  I've noticed it for a while, but it seems like it's getting bigger.  Any ideas what this is?  Should I be worried?  Or just prosecuted for feeling up my hound??!! :P

182461[/snapback]

I had my boy to the vet today. One of the tests was to check his "hoo-hoo" and while he was there, he checked his prostate as well as his anal glands. His "hangy-downs were empty too thank god. You do have to check his "hoo-hoo" periodically but if you are uncomfortable with anatomical terms perhaps your vet should be donning the rubber gloves and not you. You did use gloves didn't you????

Marbles has swelling, not where his, um, hangy-downs were  :blush , but at the base of his hoo-hoo.  It's sort of on each side of it, and they're about the size of big olives.  And they're pretty hard.  Yes, I had to poke them  :blush so I could describe them.  They don't seem to be painful.  I've noticed it for a while, but it seems like it's getting bigger.  Any ideas what this is?  Should I be worried?  Or just prosecuted for feeling up my hound??!! :P

182461[/snapback]

I had my boy to the vet today. One of the tests was to check his "hoo-hoo" and while he was there, he checked his prostate as well as his anal glands. His "hangy-downs were empty too thank god. You do have to check his "hoo-hoo" periodically but if you are uncomfortable with anatomical terms perhaps your vet should be donning the rubber gloves and not you. You did use gloves didn't you????

1778989[/snapback]

:huh What are you doing when you check his "hoo hoo" that you actually need rubber gloves? :blink:

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

I'm so glad I have a girl!!! All these conversations about boys are just weird. They sound too high maintenance to me! :P

But they do give me a good laugh. :)

Edited by KathyL

Guest loveagrey

This is the FUNNIEST post I've read yet!

We've always refered to hoo-hoos as twig and berries, but since the berries are gone, I guess it's just a twig.... Not very manly, from a man's point of view I'm sure.

Guest dustyandjaysen

I noticed that Dusty's....um....olives are VERY noticeable when he is happy and excited about something. When he hears DD's ride drop her off at home in the afternoon he stands at the door, quite obviously all turned on to see her. (you love me! you really love me!!!) boys....I guess the species doesnt matter all that much.

OMG you guys are so invaluable!!!!

here's the story....

Rain finally warmed up to Nube not 20 minutes ago and snuggled with him. Well, okay, got kinda slutty with him.

PC020266.jpg

ooooookkkkkaaaaaaayyyy. They jump off the couch and Nube comes over for a neckie scratch and I *happen* to see two VERY large 'growths' exactly where you guys said! Heck with the olives, these things were GOLFBALLS (guess he's well endowed or something :blush )

at any rate, my first thought was 'holy crap, there's something wrong!'!!!

then in the back of my mind I remembered the hoo-hoo thread. Just looked this back up and am so relieved now!

and yes, I touched them too..... :ph34r

:blush

:jaw

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

PC020266.jpg

...and yes, I touched them too..... :ph34r 

1786543[/snapback]

:huh You know what they say about touching your dogs olives. ;)

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

PC020266.jpg

...and yes, I touched them too..... :ph34r  

1786543[/snapback]

:huh You know what they say about touching your dogs olives. ;)

1786571[/snapback]

you never go back to martini's? :dunno

:lol:

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway