Hoo-hoo Question

Hi Laurie,

I have only had boyz...and all on occassion have exhibited the "olive" syndrome....usually when excited when I get home (I guess I should be flattered...:lol ) and often when they need to urinate - which is sometimes one and the same as they need to pee after I have been out for a while - so maybe it's not really me....

On a serious note, if he is in a constant "olive" state, I would check with the vet. - and don't think that prosecution for checking on this is appropriate!!:lol

And to all of you who have done some odd things with your hounds' hoo-hoo's...well, just try cleaning your male horses' hoos...which requires far more maintenance than a houndie's.:blush

By the way, Heather, I have never experienced the pizza syndrome!!! Though DH certainly does suggest pizza for dinner a lot...maybe there is something to that!:lol

Edited by mychip1

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got to go there......Two rednecks rock'n on the porch. Old Yel sitting spread out licking his jewels. Man turns a chuckles,Wish I could do that.The other replies, Go ahead ,but he might bite. );

Just got to go there......Two rednecks rock'n on the porch. Old Yel sitting spread out licking his jewels. Man turns a chuckles,Wish I could do that.The other replies, Go ahead ,but he might bite. );

Ok, I could have used this thread the first day we got Kevin. He loves to roach on his back and roll around. I have never had a boy before. So I noticed what I call the "bulbous" immediately. (Turns out I wasn't far off on the name!). Oh no, that looks weird. I explained my concerns to my husband and a friend. I did notice there was more swelling when he needed to pee. When we took him to vet for weight check I asked a tech and she told me of the gland. But the conversations I had with my friend and husband about it were hysterical and yes, i got accused of being a pervert for looking!

finalsiggy.jpg

• 1 year later...

Wow... It's a long, long time since this thread was aired! I kind of remember posting, right back at the beginning, and then again later, but we had Jim then, and he was our first dog! We're on our fifth and sixth now.

I just have to tell you that Sid has HUGE olives. Well. He's a big boy. ;)

Jeffie, not so much, but it's interesting because he didn't exhibit them at all when we first had him and he was shy and anxious. Now he's settled, the olives have become evident. Or maybe he was just jealous of Sid's impressive display and is trying to compete! They are very competitive, these boys.

:lol

Edited by silverfish

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Our vet once had a lady bring her dog after seeing her dogs' bulbous and was convinced he had gotten golf balls stuck in there somehow. The vet told her it was highly unlikely.. but she insisted on bringing him in.

:rofl

This thread is almost 10 years old :rotfl

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

• 3 months later...
Guest blueberri

Husband asked why I just laughed so hard the dog jumped up.. the photo with the stuffed olive toy? Oy.... :rotfl

*ahem*

Zombie thread.... :bow2

Ok...I really tried to read this whole thread as a mature adult, but have failed miserably.

My boyz, too, get this when they are bit uhm....excited about life. I would be concerned if they never go away....either that or you have a very happy hound!

Seriously, if they do not go down, I would call the vet.

ETA: I just realized that I had answered this a year or two ago...with pretty much the same response!!! LOL!!

Edited by mychip1

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Wow. I love it when this post pops up. I can't believe it's almost 10 years old.

And thanks to this thread, I know that on 1/10/03 @ 10:14 AM, I was posting about Jed's olives. lol

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

Zombie thread. That's awesome!! Lol!

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

• 1 year later...

It's baaaaaaaaack!!!

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

:rotfl i was just coming to look for it for the other thread!

I think Jeff needs to just sticky this one (and a few others) somewhere.

Yes!!

Dave (GLS DeviousDavid) - 6/27/18
Gracie (AMF Saying Grace) - 10/21/12
Bella (KT Britta) - 4/29/05 to 2/13/20

• 3 months later...

Oh no.....

Thank you for resurrecting this thread - just the thing I needed to avoid work. ;)

We have two male greys now and both get olives all the time - our male whippet had them too. And I just said to my husband in the past week or so that their feet smell like dirty potato chips! Cheetos is much more accurate.